1 (edited by easybeat 2012-11-28 03:06:20)

Topic: your countries national song?day

Gidday

Listening to the radio today they played` Four Strong Winds`
they said it was judged the best song in Canada.

In New Zealand the song voted best song is called `Nature`

What is the best song in your neck of the woods????

The King Of Audio Torture

Re: your countries national song?day

I'll shamelessly plug "My Life Revolves Around Pee".

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I'm going to go with "I Think I'll Drink a Beer."

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Four Strong Winds is one of my gig night songs. Ian Tyson wrote that song in the early 60's, and recorded it with his now former wife Sylvia. Neil Young's version is not my favourite, although it is probably the most widely listened to version. Simple song to perform, but, its simplicity allows for personal interpretation of it. It's my wife's favourite song from my playlist.
Randy

Hank's prosepctive gutiar player said: "Mr Williams, I'm not sure I can play for you, the onliest chords I know are C D & G"
Hank repleis, after a short pause: "Well, what else is there?"

5 (edited by badeye 2012-11-28 15:08:13)

For me its Gordon Lightfoot's   "Canadian Railroad Trilogy"  ....that's Canada..

Badeye   cool

one caper after another

the song i relate to mostly is; "I think I'll drink a beer then my world revolves around pee" it's an age thing (so they tell me).

my favourite Welsh song would be "Sospan Fach" which means "small saucepan" but for some reason is the anthem of my home town Llanelli, in South Wales UK

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Arlo Guthrie- coming into Los Angeles

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

Arlo Guthrie- coming into Los Angeles

+100  Thanks J3, I loved this song when I heard it the first time I saw the Woodstock movie at 13.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Seriously though, do we have a "best song in America" thing?  If so, I've never heard of it.  If not, then it comes down to individual opinions.

From time to time I hear radio stations have "all time greatest song" countdowns (usually around New Year's Eve and I'm not sure how it's determined) and Stairway to Heaven is usually #1 followed by A Day in the Life.  Not saying I agree, it's just what they say.

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.