Topic: Transpose chords does not work

Hi

I can not get the transpose chords-function working. I have tried with both Firefox and Chromium, but I get an error message: File not found. This file does not exist. Most likely this is because we have rearranged our pages.

Re: Transpose chords does not work

Hi,

Try clearing out your cookies, this can often cure problems. If it does not work then please let us know.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

kjetinho, Did you get transpose functions working? I can't get a answer from moderator. Any help would be appreciated.rvewean

rvewan wrote:

I can't get a answer from moderator.

rvewan.  In the 9 messages you have posted here you have twice asked about transposition, on both occasions I have replied and you have acknowledged my replies. So your comment that you cannot get an answer from a Moderator is completely untrue.

It is normal to ask again after your own query if the answer is not the one you are looking for and not to accuse us of not being diligent in our job.

Roger.

Sorry If I upset  you.  I have been able to transpose the keys since I started useing chordie. I appreciate  your input, but you have not answered or 'solved the problem. Rod

rvewan wrote:

but you have not answered

I repeat, you have asked twice, both times I have answered any you have acknowledged both of my replies.

If the answers were not the ones you were looking for then re-ask the question but do not accuse me, or anyone else, of ignoring you. If you answer as though it is OK then you cannot expect any further action.

At the end of the day the problem has to be with your PC or your actions. It is not a Chordie problem otherwise no one would be able to transpose and there would be 100's of queries.

Try clearing all your cookies as they can sometimes cause peculiar problems.

Roger

I deleted cookies. Problem still exists  since chordie changed. Sorry you could not help. Ill live with it. Rod

What exactly is happening? I have checked with my songbook and I find that I can transpose and the transposition will remain fixed even after I have logged out and back again. I believe that this was one of the problems you were having. Are you able to transpose and then find that it is back to the original key when you return later? Or are you unable to transpose at all? What operating system and what browser are you using?

Roger

I have windows seven. Browser: internet explorer, google crome and Firefox. Same on all three.   If I change the key (E) to -2 (D) then add to songbook, It goes into songbook in key of (E).  Old server, I could be in songbook, change key, to a differant key, click arrow back to artist, go back to songbook, click on song and key would be changed permanently. This no longer happens. I hope this makes sense. I'm not sure how else to explane it. Rod

I think you are confusing your computer with all the different apps you are running.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

OK Rod, I do not know the answer (although Dino may be on the right track). I will write to Per (the site owner) who may be able to offer some assistance and I will post any reply from him here in this thread.

Roger

It could be the apps, I don't know.It was OK before the server change. I'll wait for your reply. Thanks, Rod

Roger Guppy wrote:

OK Rod, I do not know the answer (although Dino may be on the right track). I will write to Per (the site owner) who may be able to offer some assistance and I will post any reply from him here in this thread.

Roger

Roger and and other member,I am using two seperate computers too come in here and they both have different browsers etc.,and I find that when I go too my other computer that something is not the same as on the other one.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Hi Rod,

F.Y.I. I use Vista and I.E.9 on a laptop, and Win7 and I.E.9 on a PC, and have no problem.

I am afraid that Per has no other ideas as to why the transpose is not working for you (clearing the cookies is normally the fix). It should work, and is working for everyone else, so if you do happen to find out what is causing your problem please let us know as it could help someone else in the future.

Sorry I cannot be more helpful,

Roger

Thanks for trying. I've tried everything I can think of. I I can find a fix, I'll let you know.  Rod

rvewan wrote:

Thanks for trying. I've tried everything I can think of. I I can find a fix, I'll let you know.  Rod

Hi rod,since my last post here I did remember that some members were having trouble with the Google Chrome.

I had a similar problem. I could not  get my "View post since last visit" option to work as it once did. I was was offered advice to clean my cookies but my computer is set not to save cookies so that did not help though good and appreciated advice. However it got me to thinking and I did a "Disc Clean up" procedure and removed the temporary files. Problem solved.   To do this on Windows XP I went to System tools .Temporary files and Cookies are not the same I suppose. I hope this helps. Al

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Deadstring, I tried Disc cleanup. I can't  add a new song with a key change. I'm baffled. Thanks for the suggestions. Rod