Topic: U.K. members a dumb? question?

I have heard of a day called boxers day,that the bosse's etc change jobs with the help on the day after christmas. Is there any truth too this,or am I misinformed. I saw it on a m.a.s.h. tv show years ago.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Re: U.K. members a dumb? question?

The day after Christmas is called Boxing Day in the UK and is a Bank Holiday. I think that traditionally it was the day servants got presents from their employers. Yup! here is Wiki's info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing_Day

Roger

By the way, no question is dumb. If you do not know then the smart thing is to ask; the dumb thing is to keep silent. smile

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I saw that on TV recently, but can't remember which show. It was about changing jobs as you first mentioned.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

bensonp wrote:

I saw that on TV recently, but can't remember which show. It was about changing jobs as you first mentioned.

Pete I saw it on a M.A.S.H. rerun where one of the british officers was telling our guys about it,but I guess that is just tv. Rodgers explanation makes more since. I think it would be a great holiday if you could get something like that though.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

hi pete. you are right, there is a "reality programme" about the boss pretending to be one of the workers, trying to catch them out i expect so they can fire them. i have no idea what it's called. i cant be doing with all this "lets pretend we dont know there's a camera on us" BS.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

In days of old on the day after Christmas the church poor box or collection box would be opened and the contents distributed to the poor hence the term "Boxing Day"