Topic: Busted guitar

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/vi … 34001.html

So sad.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Busted guitar

Thats worse then sad it is a outright reason too for the airline too pay him for another guitar,it is outrages,a 65 gibson 335 is a real beauty.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

ouch!  Clearly the guitar wasn't packed for being placed in baggage... it would have been a surprise if it wouldn't have sustained any damage just from being tossed around, forget the terrible circumstances.  Here he was willing to buy a seat for his guit, and instead they demolished it.  very very sad.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

It is not unusual for guitars to be damaged from baggage handlers. That is why they have travel cases. But- I don`t think a travel case would have done much good in that incident.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Thbe airline sucks,, 1900   are you kidding? idd be going for lost value!  but on the musicians part,,, If I had a guitar worth 10G's  It would be in a Anvil case. built for punishment!  but as was looking around for an example I found this,
http://www.acousticguitar.com/article/d … leid=25801 from acoustic mag.

That is why Im decided on if I do make it to the chordie stock,, im shipping everything UPS a week or so prior. (and bringing my bang around road weary guitar)

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

*** UPDATE ***

The situation has been resolved:  http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/de … 19266.html

Delta is paying for the guitar, but the coolest part is that Gibson came through with an offer for repairs on the guitar, as well as an offer for a new one.  Gibson rocks.

I'm not a big fan of social media, but when a story like this spreads because of social media and the negative fallout for a company forces the company to do the right thing in spite of themselves, then maybe social media has its purpose.

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

Well I hope they don't bust up my Breedlove when I head to Chordiestock.  I don't earn anything with it but smiles or sometimes getting people to clap hands over their ears and run away, but I'd be awfully put out.  I'll have it in a hard case and hope that they'll let me gate check it instead of baggage check it.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf wrote:

Well I hope they don't bust up my Breedlove when I head to Chordiestock.  I don't earn anything with it but smiles or sometimes getting people to clap hands over their ears and run away, but I'd be awfully put out.  I'll have it in a hard case and hope that they'll let me gate check it instead of baggage check it.

Why would they clap their hands over their ears?  I already squeezed all the bad notes out of that guitar before you bought it.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Hopefully, all the airlines will learn a lesson from this. Just the bad publicity should be enough to wake them up.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Awesome of Gibson to step up like that. I can't believe that the guitar could be salvaged. From the pics, the case looked totally crushed. Cool ending to a sad story.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!