Topic: Boss GT pedals

I'm thinking about treating myself to a high end Boss multi-effects pedal.  I'm leaning towards a Boss GT-10.  I see a lot used used GT-6's, some GT-10's, and the occasional 8.  How different are these models.  What experience do you guys have with them?

Thanks.

Re: Boss GT pedals

I see this is a first post, You should introduce yourself in teh chordi chat section and tell us about yourself.  I have never used a Boss station, but most ppl like them. if you are near a guitar center, they have all their toys around for you to test drive.  I have Digitech rp250, still have not used it to its full ability.  Have you checked out the Vox Tone works board?  Boss stuff is rugged and most always kicks butt.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

I presently have a Digitech Rp255 also.  It is a nice unit, but there's a few things about it I think could be better.  It's very good for getting a specific sound, the USB interface works very well, it's nice and compact, I'm just looking for  way to easily adjust your sound on the fly while playing.  With the Digitech, I think if you were performing, and had a series of sounds you wanted to use, you'd almost have to sequence them all as presets, and almost have to play your set in a predetermined order.

I've got an old Boss ME50 multi effects unit and it's bullet proof. Loaded with effects, I can't fault it.

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

I have GT10. This is absolutely fabulous unit, regarding the variety of sounds and operation. Since I didn't had any other stomp box before, and I didn't want to spend a lot of money buying one by one (might be quite expensive in the end), I thought the better solution for me will be to get the unit that has it all.
I think the price is good to that respect. In fact it might sound funny but this is exactly good for the beginner that wants to try all and now.  It fulfilled all my expectations.  I can just recommend it. All the well known sounds are already built in and ready to use.  And you can configure a number of your own combinations.  The construction is strong, but when you have to carry it somewhere be prepared to have a huge bag.
You can use it to directly connect to mixer without AMP , or use it with the headset only, or connect to AMP in various ways using send receive ports etc etc.
So if you want to try them all go for it.
(On the other side the variety of options might be dangerous - you can spend easily the whole day just by pressing a button and trying 2-3 chords, than again the button.. )
For learning the details and differences, why not downloading user guides from their site ( http://www.roland.com/products/en/GT-10/  ) (http://www.roland.com/support/article/? … mp;p=GT-10)
Have a fun!
Zdravac

JuggaloCarl wrote:

I presently have a Digitech Rp255 also.  It is a nice unit, but there's a few things about it I think could be better.  It's very good for getting a specific sound, the USB interface works very well, it's nice and compact, I'm just looking for  way to easily adjust your sound on the fly while playing.  With the Digitech, I think if you were performing, and had a series of sounds you wanted to use, you'd almost have to sequence them all as presets, and almost have to play your set in a predetermined order.

I know what you mean on that,, so what I do is find a setting that I like on the RP,, say a good slightly drivin sound with the reverb and the EQ and maybe delay,  use that as a base and then use my MXR Full Bore distortion to put it over the top, or use my flanger. I have a few stomps connected to it on the back side of the chain.  Works out great for me. (but then again I just love a bunch of stomp boxes) 
Do you know how to get the pedal to be asignable to turn an effect on and off with the rock of the pedal?  I downloaded a patch (have you done that from the RP web site? 100s of user patches) that does that and its very cool.

Cheers big_smile

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)