Topic: Robert Forster's Uncle Sigmund's Clockwork Storybook

Hi all

I'm a new member to this forum, welcome! I am trying to working out the key and chords of Robert Forster's modern day nursery rhyme, 'Uncle Sigmund's Clockwork Storybook' from a comp' album called 'Songs for the Young at Heart'. It's a great track and my 2 young boys love it. I am pretty inexperience at working this kind of thing out, and am failing miserably. Does anyone else know it and able to help?
Many thanks, Jem

Re: Robert Forster's Uncle Sigmund's Clockwork Storybook

Hi Jem and welcome to the forum.

Do you have a link to a recording of the song?

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

The songs on this page must be downloaded this is borderline spam be advised.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Russ:  Delete the link if you want to.  I got it.

Jem:

The song is in Bb.  To make it easier to play, put a capo on fret 3.  This is what I hear:

(G) stop
(Em) look
(Am) listen
(D) you
(G) find

(B7) buy
(Em) lic-
(B7) driv-
(Em) jel-
(B7) but
(Em) at
(Am) or
(D) tires

(G) list-
(Em) while
(Am) tell

If it's not right, it's close.  Good luck.

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

Apologies Russ, it really wasn't my intention to upset the rulebook. I'll delete link now.

Thanks very much indeed Astronomikal, you're damn close there, and your advice has helped me to complete it and transpose to Bb major.

Cheers
Jem

I believe you and thanks for your cooporation smile

jemstew wrote:

Apologies Russ, it really wasn't my intention to upset the rulebook. I'll delete link now.

Thanks very much indeed Astronomikal, you're damn close there, and your advice has helped me to complete it and transpose to Bb major.

Cheers
Jem

"Growing old is not for sissies"