Topic: CORDBUDDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has any1 here use or heard of cord buddy best invention EVER look it up if not

Re: CORDBUDDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This?

http://www.cordbuddy.com/

No offense, but the best invention EVER?

Really?

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

Yes i played my first song in just 5 mins best best best just my opinion of course

No not that

Best invention ever?

PEANUT BUTTER !!!

There are NO contenders ..............

Www.chordbuddy.com/

I

That sorry the link i put

Tenement Funster wrote:

Best invention ever?

PEANUT BUTTER !!!

I would put chocolate just above peanut butter, but I agree:  peanut butter is one of God's greatest gifts to mankind.

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

aarbear98 wrote:

Www.chordbuddy.com/

OK.  Much better.  I was seriously (and honestly) confused.

I recall seeing something like this for sale some 40 years ago on a late-night TV commercial, but don't remember what it was called.  Maybe this was it.

Astronomikal wrote:
Tenement Funster wrote:

Best invention ever?

PEANUT BUTTER !!!

I would put chocolate just above peanut butter, but I agree:  peanut butter is one of God's greatest gifts to mankind.

BEER!!!

/ End Thread

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

11 (edited by zguitar 2013-01-26 02:12:27)

I can maybe see the merit in this product as a training tool. On the website it says something to the affect of using it for awhile and then you won't need it anymore. I would say save your money and just practice. No product is gonna make you learn better than actually doing it. Pushing a button is far different than fretting a string. And this thing looks like it makes the next 3 times as thick so it's hard to get your hand a round.

But, if it works for you then by all means go for it.

(Edit: man I am horrible at typing!)

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

topdown wrote:
Astronomikal wrote:
Tenement Funster wrote:

Best invention ever?

PEANUT BUTTER !!!

BEER!!!

Beer is in a class by itself.  Apologies for not being clear on that point.

If it could do barre chords or a B chord I may buy it.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

its easy to get ur hand around and its great especialy for eelderly and ppl with hand mobility issues

Makes me think of the magnus chord organs in the 60s. If you could read numbers and letters. You could play a song in 5 minutes. It is pressing the corresponding letters and numbers. Not really learning to play. Try playing without it and see if it works

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

I think the best invention ever is the guitar. Pardon me if you find that vanilla.  Chord buddy won't do much for your right hand technique, which after 5 minutes of pratice probably sucks (no offense). So put down the Chord Buddy and pick up a guitar and Bud, buddy. Follow my simple 5 step method and you'll be playing guitar FO REAL in no time at all:

1. Open Bud.
2. Pick up guitar.
3. Tune guitar.
4. Sip beer.
5. Practice for a bit.

Repeat 4 and 5 until your fingers are bleeding or you are out of beer.

-Joe
PS This appears to be a cool invention for disabled folks though. So props for that.

17 (edited by joeyjoeyjoey 2013-02-19 23:16:44)

Baldguitardude wrote:

-Joe
PS This appears to be a cool invention for disabled folks though. So props for that.

Yes, a great invention for the disabled. But is the person who put up the post disabled? I used to practice 4-5 houirs a night when I was first learning. It seems sad to think that all of us that practiced for hours on end can be replaced by a plastic push button adapter.

Enjoy Every Sandwich

What is new about this?

Christmas 1958 I recieved a plastic 4 string guitar with a similar piece of gear fitted. As an 11 year old newbie, it did mean I could quickly play a song, but it is no substitute for being able to play properly.

I am in full agreement with Baldguitardude but for Bud I would substitute Cristal!!

http://farm1.staticflickr.com/56/132446856_07caf9aa2d_z.jpg

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

yeah if your the joe shmoe sitting in the corner playing rhythm guitar for 6 hours a night without a break. what about fills, runs and stuff that make playing rhythm more interesting?

there are many great inventions, guitars and beer are just 2 of a long list. cordbuddy aint on that list, it doesnt even make the worst invention list. i'm cranky, sorry

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Phill Williams wrote:

yeah if your the joe shmoe sitting in the corner playing rhythm guitar for 6 hours a night without a break. what about fills, runs and stuff that make playing rhythm more interesting?

there are many great inventions, guitars and beer are just 2 of a long list. cordbuddy aint on that list, it doesnt even make the worst invention list. i'm cranky, sorry

Now tell us how you really feel

Enjoy Every Sandwich

I think for the person that really is serious about learning to play it is a waste but if you want to get  someone interested in playing it should be a great tool. Remember the first time you picked up a guitar and tried to play an E chord and wanted to quit cause it was too hard. I think if I had this to poke me to play more it would have worked great. Definitely for those that have never ever played guitar, or if you have a spare guitar take it with you to show and jam with young kids teaching them the joy of playing songs with others. Not all kids have this opportunity. It would be perfect for Jeff (Topdown) with the "Instruments4life". By the way, Kudos Jeff, it is a great thing you are doing. smile

Two thumbs up, One thumb down

Ken

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

I could see it in kindygarden classes....

Baldguitardude wrote:

I think the best invention ever is the guitar. Pardon me if you find that vanilla.  Chord buddy won't do much for your right hand technique, which after 5 minutes of pratice probably sucks (no offense). So put down the Chord Buddy and pick up a guitar and Bud, buddy. Follow my simple 5 step method and you'll be playing guitar FO REAL in no time at all:

1. Open Bud.
2. Pick up guitar.
3. Tune guitar.
4. Sip beer.
5. Practice for a bit.

Repeat 4 and 5 until your fingers are bleeding or you are out of beer.

-Joe

Kinda makes me want to practice a lot more.  Great simple technique BGD.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

My mother was a guitar player all of her life.  When I was in second grade she bought my first guitar with one of these simular things on it.  They are OK if your a kid I guess, but I'll keep playing my Fender Stratocaster thank you.

Without rock and roll, there is no music.