Topic: How to download .chopro format?

I would like to download the original .chopro format songs for offline use. this seems like a reasonable thing to do. Several posts mention a ".chopro" button, but I cannot see one and it is not in the FAQ.

Is this disabled so that Chordie can make more money and screw all the users? Or am I an idiot?

2 (edited by Guitarpix 2011-09-06 15:06:09)

Re: How to download .chopro format?

zorkblorb wrote:

Is this disabled so that Chordie can make more money and screw all the users? Or am I an idiot?

If these are the only two options..... Well it's not the first one big_smile

Chordie is only a search engine and doesn't host the songs themselves so downloading them from this site is not possible.  Welcome!

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

..................... However you can display as chopro and then 'copy and paste' to Word or similar.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Good one Guitarpix

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Iwill second pete's comment,and add that chordie charges nothing to use all there services which are very good.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Good call Pix, well said.

All the best
Bushy

Not one drop of my self worth depends on your acceptance of me.
"Quincy Jones"

Chordie's the best cause it's free and there's a lot of cool people here.:)

"Where you begin doesn't matter. Your willingness to start is what counts."
Without music life would be a mistake.
Country music is three chords and the truth.
cool cool cool cool cool cool

At one time somebody on here referenced a site where you could store your own chordpro formatted songs, so I went there, purchased it for not alot of money and have been pleased with it every since.  It is called Songbook by a company called Linkesoft.  It is a wonderful addition for keeping music I want to have on hand quickly.  I have a version of it on my laptop as well so all of my songs can go with me, even if there is no internet.  They let you start out with a free version to see what you think; it just doesn't hold may songs and then you have to pay a small one time fee for it.  Check it out to see if it gives you what you want.  I think it is the answer to your question.

http://www.linkesoft.com/

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio

I have been using Songbook for many years on my computer and phones.  I absolutely love it.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Roger Guppy, you mention songs can be "displayed as chordpro"; I've always used this on my laptop but can't find when browsing on the iPad - how do I find this?

Bass Viking wrote:

At one time somebody on here referenced a site where you could store your own chordpro formatted songs, so I went there, purchased it for not alot of money and have been pleased with it every since.  It is called Songbook by a company called Linkesoft.  It is a wonderful addition for keeping music I want to have on hand quickly.  I have a version of it on my laptop as well so all of my songs can go with me, even if there is no internet.  They let you start out with a free version to see what you think; it just doesn't hold may songs and then you have to pay a small one time fee for it.  Check it out to see if it gives you what you want.  I think it is the answer to your question.

http://www.linkesoft.com/

I agree with this one buddy.  I have been talking about Linkesoft for a long time.  I have used it for years and I love it.  I even tried to hook up Linkesoft with Chordie so they could advertize here on Chordie, but I can't seem to get them to talk.

lottycatz wrote:

Roger Guppy, you mention songs can be "displayed as chordpro"; I've always used this on my laptop but can't find when browsing on the iPad - how do I find this?

I know nothing about these new fangled iPad thingies so drop a line to admin@chordie.com for help.

Roger

thanks so much for this opportunity...I am getting along very well and it is very exciting. I am just a beginner but keep trying has surely extended my learning to understand how to play a guitar. Thanks so much. God Bless.

I am new to chordie and was using it for the first time earlier this morning. There was a button for converting the songs to chopro format on the right margin when I was using it earlier but now the button is not visible. What happened? How do I convert the songs to chopro format?

Hi wagdog welcome to the site,I went and checked my songs and I still have it on the right side by the print selection,I have encountered songs that do not have it sometimes.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

wagdog wrote:

I am new to chordie and was using it for the first time earlier this morning. There was a button for converting the songs to chopro format on the right margin when I was using it earlier but now the button is not visible. What happened? How do I convert the songs to chopro format?

Weclome to Chordie,

The usual problem is that the screen resolution is too high placing the button off the screen. On a PC hold down 'Ctrl' and keep pressing '-' until you can see it. On Apple/Mac I have no idea.

Roger