Topic: New Song "Fading Into The Distance" (for the Hippie generation)

Song came fast so I recorded it just as fast in one rough raw take
(got double vocals on chorus by overlaying first chorus over second chorus and mixing together).
Played from the gut just like a Hippie would.
"Everything is different...not like it used to be...my generation's sound...
transferred to MP3s...never hear anyone say 'far out' or 'groovy' on the street...
never hear about a great big Love-In...now it's Facebook and a screen"
A new song that celebrates the Hippie generation.
My mother was a Hippie so I was raised in the counterculture in the 1960s.
She just tuned 70 so it made me think about how that generation will soon be gone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCMjSZF6h7Y

Original Songs on YouTube:   www.youtube.com/thegilsongs
Cover Songs on YouTube:   www.youtube.com/All1Song

Re: New Song "Fading Into The Distance" (for the Hippie generation)

Great song. My wife and I were hippies and in our hearts always will be, we listened and were reminded of those years of our youth. Many memories, some good, some not so good. Peace and love to ya man.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Great tune. Good video too.

great song and the visuals were great too. congrats! back in the 60's i was a weekend hippy. patchouli beads afghan coat, but i never took that next step which was to drop acid or smoke dope or any other drugs. i'm still totally against drugs even now. but i still believe in LOVE AND PEACE.

thanks for sharing.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Very cool! I dig it man!

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

good song and video,we used too go too height asbury about once a month,I did not do drugs,though I did try pot. We went too watch all the freaky people it was worth it.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman