1 (edited by Astronomikal 2013-02-15 16:48:42)

Topic: Fun Facts about Chordie.com Members

Just for giggles, I took some data from the registered user list (all users who have >= 400 posts as of today) and plugged it into an Excel spreadsheet and ran some calculations.

There are 49 users who have 400+ forum posts.

Those users account for a little over 0.01% of the total number of registered users (451,869).  Yet we (myself included) account for 64.2% of the total posts in the forums.

Only about 2.3% of the registered users have EVER posted in the forums.  This includes the hundreds who have been banned.

TOP 10 - NUMBER OF POSTS
- Russell_Harding:  5647
- Zurf:  4935
- Roger Guppy:  4121
- Old Doll:  3483
- gitaardocphil:  3383
- upyerkilt:  3290
- bensonp:  3203
- dino48:  3163
- daddycool:  2746
- badeye:  2724
These 10 users account for 29% of the total number of posts in all of the forums.  jerome.oneil didn't make the top 10 (he's #11), but his post count of 2670 pushes this total to over 31%.

TOP 10 - MOST PROLIFIC POSTERS (average number of posts per day since joining, calculated as # posts / # days since registration date):
- Russell_Harding:  2.92
- Zurf:  2.40
- mekidsmom:  2.03
- Roger Guppy:  1.75
- Old Doll:  1.63
- gitaardocphil:  1.53
- dino48:  1.48
- daddycool: 1.31
- upyerkilt:  1.30
- bensonp:  1.26
- topdown:  1.26 (tie)

TOP 10 - "OLDEST" MEMBERS (who have at least 400 posts, based on registration date):
- admin
- upyerkilt
- bensonp
- SouthPaw41L
- James McCormick
- jets60
- alvee33
- wlbaye
- bonedaddy
- tandm3
All joined the site on 4 Mar 2006 except for admin, who joined first (26 Feb 06).  There are hundreds of others who show as joining on 4 Mar as well, but they have less than 400 posts. 

Anyway, I thought you might find some of this info interesting.  I did, but then again, I'm a nerd.  It's what I do.

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

Re: Fun Facts about Chordie.com Members

I've been here a short time I'm doing my best

Let no talents go unused

So now we know who is wasting lots of time talking about guitars rather than playing one. tongue

And we also know who are the old and wise. Our big brothers and sisters (or aunts and uncles, or maybe grandmas and grandpas).

Glad to be a part of the great Chordie machine!!!!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice job Z.      This is Chordie Nation.....

badeye   cool

one caper after another

I believe it was alot earlier than 2006 that I and others Joined Chordie , I think the new improved Chordie format started keeping track of members then.

Later, Wayne P

Upyerkilt and James McCormick haven't posted in years.  It's been a while for Old Doll as well.  It's cool to see their names pop back up.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

It is quite interesting info!  Thanks for sharing. 

Don't worry Fire Art - I can see that you have been here a lot lately... in a couple years you'll no doubt make the prolific poster list with me.  wink

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I changed my title on account of Z's findings.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

I never realized I was that chatty lol but I have been retired for over 10 years from the workforce(daytime grunt jobs) and playing and talking about music give me satisfaction smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Actually these stats are very interesting.  I had no idea. It's always nice to see things in writing and gives you quite a different perspective.  Thanks for doing this Astro

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Interesting info, although I am afraid that the start dates are arbitrary. There were major changes that were made to Chordie in March 2006 and everyone got given that as a start date. I, along with many others, was active before this date but I had my username changed and my start date reflects this.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

i am not sure of my start date as I used to have a user name acapo and changed it to my real name.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Pretty interesting post I know I was looking in before I posted. I also wondered if among the missing members that posted alot if anyone has seen M.B. she has not been on for some time now.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

14 (edited by Tenement Funster 2013-02-15 02:26:09)

Speaking of nerdy stats, here's www.alexa.com's data on where Chordie ranks globally and in the US. With approx. 2.5M sites active globally at any given time, this is a very respectable ranking.

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/chordie.com#

Many of you may use alexa.com in various business applications.

Zurf wrote:

Whoa!  Credit where it's due there, bro! smile

bensonp wrote:

Thanks for doing this Astro

You're quite welcome.

Roger Guppy wrote:

Interesting info, although I am afraid that the start dates are arbitrary. There were major changes that were made to Chordie in March 2006 and everyone got given that as a start date.

Yes, I figured that.  In fact I almost mentioned it during the original post, but decided against it.  I could tell that there had to have been a database reset or something equally as radical on 4 Mar 06 because hundreds of people "joined" on that date, and I realized that couldn't be real.

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

Astronomikal wrote:
Zurf wrote:

Whoa!  Credit where it's due there, bro! smile

bensonp wrote:

Thanks for doing this Astro

You're quite welcome.

Roger Guppy wrote:

Interesting info, although I am afraid that the start dates are arbitrary. There were major changes that were made to Chordie in March 2006 and everyone got given that as a start date.

Yes, I figured that.  In fact I almost mentioned it during the original post, but decided against it.  I could tell that there had to have been a database reset or something equally as radical on 4 Mar 06 because hundreds of people "joined" on that date, and I realized that couldn't be real.

Correction.  I changed my title based on Astro's findings.  :-)