Topic: history

i've played in several bands over the years; lead, rhythm, bass and vocalist (not all at the same time) since the day Elvis died, i've been solo. funny thing is, i remember that my first solo gig was the day he died, but i cant remember the date....i'm no Elvis fan.

i just put this up here so i dont have to look at that rdr909 tag (or whatever it is) thank you for reading.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: history

I think it was 1979 I was in Vegas at the time not sure of the month and day.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Even if you didnt like elvis,, check this band out! Wish I was there!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29VM44bM77M

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

hi beamer,

i didn't say i didn't like elvis, he's just not on my favourite list. i like some of his songs and i do quite a few in my set. i respect other peoples choices and elvis, along with the beatles, dire straits, buddy holly etc get included.

my wife, every time she sees an elvis film or something always says "good man gone waste" ah well

5 (edited by beamer 2013-02-20 00:00:07)

Phill Williams wrote:

hi beamer,

i didn't say i didn't like elvis, he's just not on my favourite list. i like some of his songs and i do quite a few in my set. i respect other peoples choices and elvis, along with the beatles, dire straits, buddy holly etc get included.

my wife, every time she sees an elvis film or something always says "good man gone waste" ah well

But what about that band! holy cow! Paige, Wonder, Crow, Moon, gay, now that is a band!

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

beamer wrote:

Even if you didnt like elvis,, check this band out! Wish I was there!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29VM44bM77M

If only it were true!!!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Elvis is a legend, no comparison...

Welcome to Chordie. No unauthorized advertising is allowed. smile

8 (edited by Phill Williams 2013-02-21 16:02:25)

OK, brilliant line-up, but where is the music?

thank you and goodnight....elvis has left the building