Re: BEST LIVE ROCK ALBUMS

dino48 wrote:

Framtons album was a great one,but he seemed too have just fade away after it was out for awile and did not have any more good songs.

Frampton is still out there gigging regularly.  He is my go-to guy when I need an example of a gracefully ageing rock star.

http://irom.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/peter-framptn-muses.jpg

As opposed to say...

http://media.onsugar.com/files/ed2/192/1922283/46_2009/850af0a8fd2882c2_steven-tyler.jpg

Or even

http://i1.cdnds.net/11/47/618_showbiz_birthdays_28nov_ozzy_osbourne.jpg

Both of whom are fully awesome, but when you're pushing 70, you might want to think about the hair dye a bit.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Point well taken jerome,he lives in San Francisco and comes used too  come on alot of the local channel shows. Seem like a smart man.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

@ Jerome. I didn`t want to hit quote because running the same pictures twice would take up so much space. You should have put a picture of Keith Richards in their too. He looks older than the 3 of them combined.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

@ Jerome. I didn`t want to hit quote because running the same pictures twice would take up so much space.

Hi Jx3,

You can edit the quote before posting by removing words, (as I have done with yours) or the links to photos. As long as you do not alter the 'quote' and '/quote' in the square brackets at the start and end of it you will be OK. You can always preview to see it is OK before posting.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

30 (edited by Tenement Funster 2013-02-18 11:25:35)

Jerome ... I really like your point about folks "acting their age". There's very few that can pull off the look-younger-than-I-am bit with any conviction ... a lot more could be said, but it would get unkind real quick. smile

WEll looking young and acting young,,, The realization of my age is creeping up on me,, Im not as old as some of you but older than a few others.  I'll be 45 March 3rd.  I still feel young and thankfully dont look as old (so Im told).  I don't act old in my opinion, my wife will remind me that I am acting juvenile (which somethimes I take as a compliment), from time to time.
As Rogers quote says "Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional"

Hell If I caould afford the plastic and lipo Ozzy has had, and Steven is letting the grey show some,  I would be all over it! lol  The wife also . Nothing wrong delaying teh passage of time if you can afford it,,, So long as you dont look like Michale or Jannet jackson by the time your done.

I find it amazing that Ozzy is still up on 2 feet.  Of course his wife is pushing the hell out of him to keep doing it.  Anyone else here mildly currious of the New Black Sabbath cd due out?

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

beamer wrote:

Nothing wrong delaying teh passage of time if you can afford it,,

I think that's the point.  You *can't* delay the passage of time.  No amount of money can do it.  Time waits for no man.  The only thing that happens is you end up looking like an old dude trying way too hard, rather than the Frampton case where you look like an old dude that just rocks the house.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

jerome.oneil wrote:
beamer wrote:

Nothing wrong delaying teh passage of time if you can afford it,,

I think that's the point.  You *can't* delay the passage of time.  No amount of money can do it.  Time waits for no man.  The only thing that happens is you end up looking like an old dude trying way too hard, rather than the Frampton case where you look like an old dude that just rocks the house.

lolol , Ill never have that kind of dough so to each their own.  In defence of Ozzy, I kind of think it looks good on him. Hellova lot better than how he looked during his Diary of a mad man toure. fat and out of shape and older than he was.  He can still rock the house. A true showman.  Once he hits the stage its like a reflex.  It just ozzes out of him. lol

I like Framton a lot, but trying to compare him to Hard rockers like Steven Tyler and Ozzy is not even in the same ball park.  If you want other gracefull ageing stars in his park, there would have to be Phill Collins, Eric Clapton, Dick Dale, Page and Plant, and Mark Knoplfer.  All Great but Ill bet you a few of them have had the secert hollywood plactic treatment,, just a bit more subtle.  Eric has downed his fair share of a drugstore in his time as well as some of the others, I think that for Oz and Tyler too look that good(even with help) after the legacy they have left,, Its Da*n Amazing they can still get on stage.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)