Topic: Bang Bang

This is one of my all time favourite songs which I recorded for a Facebook friend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elADsumS … mp;index=1

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Re: Bang Bang

It appears this forum doesn't get much review these day Roger.  I like your version

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Great  version  Roger ,strong  backing  too.

I enjoyed it roger,thanks for sharing.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

5 (edited by Phill Williams 2013-02-18 15:14:49)

hey roger, up-tempo, i've never heard you do up-tempo before it sounds great and the accompanying video was excellent timing perfect! congrats.

is that a live drummer? if not then ive underrated band in the box all this time.

since i heard your version i've decided to do this myself in my live shows.....phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Thanks for the comments guys. It is a while since I did any recording and this is the second recent one I have done so I thought it was about time I started joining in here again.

Phill. The drummer is Band in a Box I'm afraid, but recently they are using more 'Real Tracks' for drums and other instruments, which sound far better than the midi ones. Incidently, in my version, half the third verse and the whole of the fourth verse are mine and not Sonny's, as I felt it told a better story this way.

Roger

after listening to your version, i checked it out in "songs". now the quandary i have is; you've changed the beat (which i love) and you've also changed the chording (which i also prefer) and dont appologise for making an excellent recording, the drums are just not what i'm used to on a loop. top notch

Phill you have really got me interested with your comment that I have changed the chording. I have been playing this song since it came out in 1966 and always with these chords. I cannot find the chords, only lyrics, listed on the internet to check. My chords are: Em, Em7, Em, Em7, D, D, B, B, (4 beats on each chord shown).

I have been playing this way for so long that I realise that it could be incorrect and I am just used to playing it like this so that it seem right to me and, as I am unable to find my original sheet music for it, I would like to know what chords you have for it.

And yes, I have tried to make it more upbeat to make it my own.

Roger

Very nice cover!

[url]https://soundcloud.com/curtis-k-music[/url]

and a great job too.

i looked on chordie, and was directed to a bunch of versions. i wanted the words so i for the nancy sinatra version. chords are:

Fm-Bbm-Eb-Cm

i prefer your version so i ignored the above as whoever did it messed right up. i only wanted the words like i said

phill

Nice job on this Roger,
First time hearing it and I gotta say...I liked it. smile For not doing much recording you haven't skipped a beat. (No pun intended)

Well Done Sir

Ken

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Really cool!

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)