Topic: Country singer Mindy McCready dead at 37

Self inflicted gunshot wound. I guess that is what they mean about money not buying happiness. When you read the story, she was a train wreck in all other aspects of her life. What a waste.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: Country singer Mindy McCready dead at 37

I guess the death of her boyfriend a month ago was more than she could take.  Thank god the courts had taken away her two kids a couple weeks ago or she might have shot them along with her dog.  Seems she's been struggling with mental illness all her life.

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

That's a darn shame when anyone cuts their own life short.  The world has much to offer, even when it seems that it hasn't.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I'm not a contemporary country music fan, but a suicide at such a young age is certainly a tragedy, regardless. A shame.
Randy

Hank's prosepctive gutiar player said: "Mr Williams, I'm not sure I can play for you, the onliest chords I know are C D & G"
Hank repleis, after a short pause: "Well, what else is there?"

I dont follow country that much but I did listen to a few songs Mindy McCready sang,really nice voice and an attractive lady platnum album with a brite future in music makes no sense.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I remember when she first emerged as a new country artist and I really enjoyed her music. After that there were lots of stories about all sorts of trouble and bad press on her which I really didn't pay too much attention to. I didn't hear much music wise from her after that. I agree that it is a shame her life and career had to be cut short and end this way. 37 is way too young.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

It is so heartbreaking, I pray that she is at peace now. The daily struggle to cope with a mental illness can be so overwelming. Very little is known about brain chemistry. The medical community prescribes drugs, but for some the "cure" is never found as the cause cannot be correctly diagnosed. What may work for one person may not work for another, treatment is mostly trial and error. Ninety five percent of those who suffer from a mental illnes may respond to conventional treatment, but for those five percent who do not, the struggle to cope is unbearable.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

She shot her dog first. That doesn`t wash well.If she want`s to kill herself that is her business. Taking out an innocent defenseless dog is awful. I have a dog. She should have acted like her dog probably thought she was.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

bluejeep wrote:

Very little is known about brain chemistry.

Truer words have rarely been spoken.  Diet, medicine, counseling, and learning from introspection all have to work together in just the right way to get to ... somewhere...and it's very hard to say what is healthy.  It's not hard to say what is 'normal', but there could be some normal things that we do that are terribly unhealthy but we just don't see it because it's so common and readily accepted.  We've got a lot to learn.  In the meanwhile, folks like Ms. McCready get real mixed up and make some terrible decisions that can't be unmade.  May God have mercy on her, and may her soul have the peace she didn't have on Earth.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I didn't knew her...
but there's a weird thing : Mindy McCready has the same name of the husband of my grandpa's sister. (Robert George McCready husband of Margaret Ann K. (my family)

And... The husband of McCready is Billy McKnight...
Gwendolyn K., one of the 3 sisters of my grandpa, was married with Joel Roy McKnight
Joel Roy McKnight is from Florida, and this singer is born in Florida...

So maybe there's one link with my family ah ah I guess it's just a weird coincidence.

RIP Mindy McCready

[url]https://soundcloud.com/curtis-k-music[/url]