Topic: New Keyboard and software day!

I needed a midi keyboard for my software program and after serching for several days I settled on a Yamaha PSR-E 233 with adapter and a two year service plan it cost me $120.00 free shipping and will arrive in 3 days I found it at Musicians Friend,along with the keyboard I also purchased a software program called IK Multimedia Miroslave Philharmonic soft synth,this program duplicates choir voices as well as all the instruments in a orchristra (dont know how to spell that) it was on sale at AMS for 59.95 this keyboard will also control my Alpha Ray synth and give me greater freedom to express my composistions with choral and strings that sound authentic now I just have to locate a ASIO driver for the latentcy issue.I am really excited about digging into this new equipment and sofware music is great! smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: New Keyboard and software day!

Hi russell,I have a yamaha keybord also but It is not the same model,I like it alot just need too learn how too play better,it has good good sound but I wish the keybord keys felt a little more responsive.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino some keyboards are designed to respond like a pianos touch some have adjustable response I dont know which model you have just keep playng with it and you'll eventually improve.I play guitar but I dabble in piano and several instruments good enough to lay tracks and have fun which is what its all about anyway enjoy what your doing and have fun with it smile 

dino48 wrote:

Hi russell,I have a yamaha keybord also but It is not the same model,I like it alot just need too learn how too play better,it has good good sound but I wish the keybord keys felt a little more responsive.

hi russ,
i have a yamaha dgx200. i bought it for midi-ing to the PC. be careful of the midi out, if you unplug or move the keyboard a lot while plugged in, you may find that the midi connection gets faulty. i had mine repaired then it broke again, so i bought a korg K61p controler keyboard which also has audio piano, organ, strings but no drums. cheap and cheerful.

hope you enjoy your new gear

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Phill Im al little in the dark when it comes to controlers the keyboard will stay in one place so damaging the midi inputs should not be an issue I cant wait to open the new program when it arrives the keyboard will be deliverd tomorrow afternoon and I can get aquainted with it maybe even try the Alpha Ray synth the program I downloaded and check out the midi connection Im working on a modal uptempo song I created on my  yamahaPSS 270 some cool voices for such a small keyboard I recorded 4 tracks with it and I am going to add a bass and drums and when the midi arrives I can add the synth effects keep ya posted on the progress smile

Phill Williams wrote:

hi russ,
i have a yamaha dgx200. i bought it for midi-ing to the PC. be careful of the midi out, if you unplug or move the keyboard a lot while plugged in, you may find that the midi connection gets faulty. i had mine repaired then it broke again, so i bought a korg K61p controler keyboard which also has audio piano, organ, strings but no drums. cheap and cheerful.

hope you enjoy your new gear

phill

nice one russ, cant wait

Russ we are hoping we get too hear you soon,you always make very good and entertaing music.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino that makes my day thanks,The keyboard arrived but not the 12 V adapter luckly I have a few it sounds really nice and has a musical staff that lets you know what notes your playing this will come in handy when I compose I have the midi working with my downloaded synth program there is a bit of a delay from when I strike the keys to when I hear it on my speakers so I will have to use a headset and turn off the speakers except for playback the other software program should arrive shortly and I can get to work on my newest project keep ya posted smile

dino48 wrote:

Russ we are hoping we get too hear you soon,you always make very good and entertaing music.

d

Russell_Harding wrote:

dino that makes my day thanks,The keyboard arrived but not the 12 V adapter luckly I have a few it sounds really nice and has a musical staff that lets you know what notes your playing this will come in handy when I compose I have the midi working with my downloaded synth program there is a bit of a delay from when I strike the keys to when I hear it on my speakers so I will have to use a headset and turn off the speakers except for playback the other software program should arrive shortly and I can get to work on my newest project keep ya posted smile

dino48 wrote:

d

Great we are looking forward too it,you inspired me too uncover my yamaha,I was playing around with it around nov. and kind of forgot about it,I do need alot of pratice so I think I will start doing more with it.

go for it! I have been tickling the ivorys (plastic keys) for a few hours the grand piano setting is awesome it really sounds like a piano I downloaded the free MuseScore composition program I enter the notes with the Yamaha keyboard thru midi interface its not as fast as I would like because I have to change the note values and enter rests I wish there was a program that entered the notes AS you play Im sure there is and I will research the web and see if it dont cost an arm and a leg.music is great. smile

russ, your experiencing latency. you may find the delay becomes a little intolerable when recording onto audacity. there are cures. is it a USB interface you are using? if so you may need a USB3. i had to buy one, got it quite cheap on the net. amazon i think? there are other tricks like taking out all unnecessary stuff like webcams cameras etc. it took me ages and the help of a tech to get it working. good luck.  phill

Phill I got around the latentcy issue I downloaded ASIO4all drivers and installed them the program has a control board that lets you adjust the latentcy I will have to wait till the new software program arrives to see if I need to purchase a USB interface so far I have no problems smile

Phill Williams wrote:

russ, your experiencing latency. you may find the delay becomes a little intolerable when recording onto audacity. there are cures. is it a USB interface you are using? if so you may need a USB3. i had to buy one, got it quite cheap on the net. amazon i think? there are other tricks like taking out all unnecessary stuff like webcams cameras etc. it took me ages and the help of a tech to get it working. good luck.  phill