Topic: Five guitars stolen from Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers

About a week ago, I posted a video of Mike Campbell of Tom Petty and Heartbreakers talking about his first guitars. Today I just read that Mike, Tom Petty, and other members of the Heartbreakers, had five guitars stolen out of a studio they were working in. Mike was really passionate about the role that guitars played in his life, so this must be a terrible loss for him, as well as for his bandmates.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_b … tolen.html

Re: Five guitars stolen from Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers

i cant imagine anything more soul destroying ( i didn't want to say heartbreaking, but that's what i meant!!! sorry) it took me a good year to find my telecaster. it's like finding your soul mate, you can look for years and try many out. but when the right one is in your arms...you know it.

hope tom and the boys get the guitars back soon.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Terrible news,   I've got no use for a thief, 

badeye   not cool

one caper after another

4 (edited by dino48 2012-04-16 23:43:08)

The news is saying that he will pay a large reward to get them back.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I have no mercy for thieves either. I personally think that death would be a fitting sentence,

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

for stealing a beloved guitar? death is not enough....torture first...

I feel for him as I too had a vintage tele stolen that was over 50 yrs ago and I still feel the loss its like losing a member of the family,well almost as bad.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

This tugs at my heartstrings ! Hope they get their beloved axes back.

Joe

This is so cool. I am such a huge fan of their work. I really am impressed with how much you have worked to make this website so enjoyable.

Death may be a little extreame - but i would support cutting the their hands off, jamming sharpened pencils in their ears  and thowing them blindfolded off a building.....lattter is just for good measure. The first part is to ensure they would never play or hear  another note.....that would suffice....

doublebass wrote:

Death may be a little extreame - but i would support cutting the their hands off, jamming sharpened pencils in their ears  and thowing them blindfolded off a building.....lattter is just for good measure. The first part is to ensure they would never play or hear  another note.....that would suffice....

Di you see the note about the guitars being found?  Its a calssic stupid is as stupid does.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

IF TOM AND THE BOYS COULD POST PICTURES OF THESE GUITARS ON THE NET IT MAY MAKE IT IMPOSSILBLE FOR THE THIEVES TO PLAY THE GUITARS IN PUBLIC AND WITH A REWARD IN THE OFFERING IT WOULD BE A GOOD INCENTIVE TO DOB THEM IN

13 (edited by Tenement Funster 2013-03-01 11:06:23)

A similar incident happened to Jethro Tull's Martin Barre a number of years ago. He had a mandolin stolen from backstage at a concert, and they made a plea on the radio for it to be returned as it had great sentimental value. The incident subsequently became the subject of a song (Big Riff and Mando) on their "Rock Island" album (1989). Stealing the tools of someones trade is almost as low as stealing from ones employer.

All 5 guitars were recovered after a security guard , pawned one of the guitars for $ 250. , That led to his arrest and recovery of the others.

Later, Wayne P

result smile

now can we stick pencils up his nose, remove the digits from his hands, rip off his head and do poo poo's down his neck? big_smile

Phill Williams wrote:

result smile

now can we stick pencils up his nose, remove the digits from his hands, rip off his head and do poo poo's down his neck? big_smile

Yea what he said

Let no talents go unused

This post is about a year old!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman