Topic: gets on my nerves

i love my wife more than life itself, having said that;

i hate it when,

she tells me to do something when i'm half way through doing it,

she gives me a job to do, then when i start she tells me to do something else first!

when she's ill the world is coming to an end, when i'm ill, it's MAN FLU,

i could fill pages of why i love her, so i wont bore you, but what gets on your mammary's about your other half?

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: gets on my nerves

When I'm pulling into a store parking lot and she tells me where to park.  I usually pass it by and park somewhere else.  Or she asks me how fast I am going when I'm driving.  We may end up filling a novel with these you know.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

not a novel but a factual account

It's meant to be when you love her more than all the $#!* she does that bugs you.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

This is the one blessed thing a bachlor has over the married guys,but I think I would trade it for some better cooking if the right lady come's along.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

One thing that drives me nuts is her habit of merely saying the time and assuming I know what a time check means to her.   She does it to the kids too, but I find that humorous. 

Those conversations usually go something like this.

"It's 5:17PM."
"Uh huh."
"Your daughter has been home for one hour and twenty three minutes."
"Uh huh."
"..."
"..."
"...!"  [It is a dangerous situation when your spouse's silence has audible punctuation.]
"Am I supposed to do something once she's been home for one hour and twenty three minutes?"
"Never mind.  I'll take care of it."

Rarely do I ever find out what these conversations are about. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I think pete is right ,this post may go on for some time.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

8 (edited by beamer 2013-03-06 23:43:45)

Some of mine mirror, but ill start on the one that is probably what no one else wants to say,
"We need to save more money, if you would just pay ahead on the bills then we wont be so behind?"
Me : {explitive and deep sigh}" umm we seem to be here cause you maxed out all the cards" If you quit spending we might be saving.  Lets not forget having to support a parent who took no actions to support himself.
or
Lets get the bathroom redone instead of paying taxes with that money, we can just pay it out of each weeks paycheck,,,, UM NO. 

Then there is one similar to Phill's, Being asked to do something, then being told step by step how to do it,,, I just looik at her and offer up the drill, saw,or leaf blower and ask her as calm as I can to please wait till Im done to have anything to say.

trying to "streighten" my work bench out cause its "too Messy"
Expressing her dislike of my driving style on every trip for the first 45 min.

There are a few others but Ill hold that off for a adult cocktail night on skype LOLOLOLOL
As we all know its not always bad,  we are all venting our pet peaves.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Just an observation:  Seems like whatever I am doing is never as important as what she WANTS me to be doing.

In truth though, it's likely that I get on her nerves more than she does mine, so I count myself fortunate.

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

All of the above and then some.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

This thread reminds me of some of Tim Allen's rants on "Tool Time". Not being critical of anyone, just an observation.

Astronomikal wrote:

In truth though, it's likely that I get on her nerves more than she does mine, so I count myself fortunate.

True in this house too. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

in my initial post i said partner as opposed to wife! meaning women have pet hates about their men too.

here's another one; we went out for a drink with friends last night and after a sherbet or two she tends to tell a story, then gets half way through a name or descriptive word then changes the subject. it's weird for our friends as i know what she's on about, but they cant have a clue.

Phill Williams wrote:

in my initial post I said partner as opposed to wife! meaning women have pet hates about their men too.

here's another one; we went out for a drink with friends last night and after a sherbet or two she tends to tell a story, then gets half way through a name or descriptive word then changes the subject. it's weird for our friends as i know what she's on about, but they cant have a clue.

LOLOLOL THAT IS WHAT I DO TO UPSET MY WIFE lololoLOLOL.  I also tend to talk a lot and get too descriptive about what was said. she always give me "the look" or kicks my foot.  A lot of times its only her that is anoyed as she has usually heard all my stories and just wants me to shut up. 
Sometimes we both wonder how we ende up staying together, but I guess its that way with all people who have made it to 20 yrs and beyond.
On the side note. I was out with two really good friends and we were in a place like TGI Fridays,  all three of us talking and all 3 of us went off on tangendts and then we all circled back to the original topic.  It was awesome, we realized it at the same time, looked at each other and then burst out laughing at our untold joke. More beers were ordered, more tangents started lol

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

beamer wrote:

Sometimes we both wonder how we ende up staying together, but I guess its that way with all people who have made it to 20 yrs and beyond.

The dynamic between my wife and me (married 22 years) is interesting.  We often talk (not angrily) about how we tend to get on each others' nerves from time to time.  I've often told my wife:  "I would take a hail of bullets while walking through the fires of hell for you, but you sometimes drive me crazier than any woman should be allowed to do to a man."  Her response is simply:  "Ditto, big boy."  So as long as we both acknowledge that, we're fine.

The cool part though, is that even though we can get on each OTHERS' nerves, we are fiercely defensive of each other.  Her attitude is:  "I'm allowed to pick on my husband, but if anybody else does, I'm goin' mama grizzly on them", and I feel the same way.

We also know each other so well that we keep each other out of trouble in social situations, similar to what beamer described.  For example, my wife and I are both terrible with names.  We will meet someone she knows in a public place or a social situation, and I can tell right away that she has forgotten their name because she doesn't say it immediately when she says hello to them.  I immediately jump in and offer my hand and introduce myself, and after the other person says their name, my wife will say:  "I'm sorry (e.g.) Donna, I should have introduced you to my husband."  Then we banter jokingly about how rude my wife is, how I can't take her anywhere, etc. etc.

Bottom line:  In my world, the benefits far outweigh the times when she gets on my nerves.  We take the time to recognize and acknowledge that fact.  That's what keeps people together I think.

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

I am a great cook. Truly.
My wife, a southern girl, is also a great cook.
She will ask me to cook her one of my "specialty" dishes, and then proceed to tell me how to "improve" it. Make me nuts.

Randy

Hank's prosepctive gutiar player said: "Mr Williams, I'm not sure I can play for you, the onliest chords I know are C D & G"
Hank repleis, after a short pause: "Well, what else is there?"

astro wrote; Bottom line:  In my world, the benefits far outweigh the times when she gets on my nerves.  We take the time to recognize and acknowledge that fact.  That's what keeps people together I think.

astro, i wholeheartedly second that emotion

phill

My wife hurt her neck a few years ago, requiring surgery...three years after the injury and me continually telling her to get it treated. the surgery worked...kinda. When I went off on work comp due to my back she acted like I had committed a mortal sin and no matter how much pain I was in she was always in more pain. She is kinda like that.

We (I) film my high-school daughter when she plays her volleyball matches. We post the vids on You Tube, after hours of editing (which I do), so that we can show college scouts when my daughter e-mails them. I now work (not as a firefighter anymore-forced to retire) in the family business which is located in LA. The drive is horrendous so I stay at my brothers during the week. When I get home on the weekends we usually have a tournament to attend and film then I must edit and post the vid. Despite my knowing nothing of video editing prior to our endeavor, and having to teach myself how to do it-plus filming, my wife refuses to learn how to edit, or even film. She does this often with the reasoning that "...You..." Me that is "...know how to do it..." My reply of: 'How do you think I learned?" falls upon deaf ears.

Lastly, and this is a mortal sin in my book, she hates the guitar.

Don't know why I still love her ( I too would take a bullet for her) but after 23 years I still do.

bunbun wrote:

My wife hurt her neck a few years ago, requiring surgery...three years after the injury and me continually telling her to get it treated. the surgery worked...kinda. When I went off on work comp due to my back she acted like I had committed a mortal sin and no matter how much pain I was in she was always in more pain. She is kinda like that.

We (I) film my high-school daughter when she plays her volleyball matches. We post the vids on You Tube, after hours of editing (which I do), so that we can show college scouts when my daughter e-mails them. I now work (not as a firefighter anymore-forced to retire) in the family business which is located in LA. The drive is horrendous so I stay at my brothers during the week. When I get home on the weekends we usually have a tournament to attend and film then I must edit and post the vid. Despite my knowing nothing of video editing prior to our endeavor, and having to teach myself how to do it-plus filming, my wife refuses to learn how to edit, or even film. She does this often with the reasoning that "...You..." Me that is "...know how to do it..." My reply of: 'How do you think I learned?" falls upon deaf ears.

Lastly, and this is a mortal sin in my book, she hates the guitar.

Don't know why I still love her ( I too would take a bullet for her) but after 23 years I still do.

Well my wife doesnt hate my guitars, she just doesnt care about them and she is not as "into" music in general as I am. Or motorcycles,,although her whole family is bikers,,,,, so I guess oppisites attract,,, but the truth is "she just liked the way I looked in my Dress Whites when she met me."  lol

My wife has been in London and Dublin all week.  I've been home alone during that time.  I have a policy of "The house will be cleaner when she arrives than when she departed" and have my entire adult life.

I know what I'm going to get nagged at when I pick her up tomorrow, and so do you.  smile

When I first married my wife, 14 years ago, I would help her clean the kitchen, fold laundry, etc.  She would always tell me that I should fold the towells this way and put the dishes in the dishwashher that way.  And to this day, everytime I help her, I still tell her that it doesn't matter how she does something, as it shouldn't matter to her how I do something.  I try to explain that we learned differently, there fore we do things in different ways.  Our habits were a learned process that we learned beore we got together.  She has calmed down a little after 14 years, but she still tries to tell me how to do it. Actually I changed a lot of my ways, much more than she changed hers, so I do a lot of things her way.  This is life.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Heh. I still get that.  I'm happy to do laundry (the chore you do when you want to look busy but really sit on your butt) but she has special laundry alchemy that I am not privy to, so she does it.  And I'm OK with that.  I do all the cooking and grocery shopping, and I'm kind of retentive about that, so I understand to a degree where she's coming from.

hey pete, in may we will be celebrating our 33 rd anniversary. and she still tells me that i fold towels the wrong way??? if i vacuum, it's guaranteed that i left a piece of fluff under a chair, i'm sure she leaves traps for me so she check after i've done a job to see if i moved chairs, tables, curtains even rugs!

luckily though, she likes me playing the guitar, mainly because it's our main income now.