Topic: Long lost photo found

I searched and came up with a photo of High Voltage a Portland Oregon Hard rock band I was in Im third from the left,boy dose this bring back memories. smile http://pnwbands.com/highvoltage1.html

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: Long lost photo found

ALRIGHT! YOU LOOK READY TO ROCK!  Cool pic Russ.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

i'm glad you pointed out which one you are as i'd never have guessed. i used to have hair once too, and i was in a hard rock band, if i remember correctly we were called Enchiriadis, then i joined a band called Sylvester. then an assortment of cabaret bands (i dont wish to recall) and a C/W duo called Bodene and Steele...ah! those were the days......i'll have a rummage around to see if i can find any old photo's .

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Groovy Russ!!!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Lookin pretty good there russell,did you save anything you guys recorded?

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

When I was with them we did a lot of concerts and some clubs but mostly concerts we were damm loud! I was playing a Gibson Les Paul thru 4 Fender amps with 8 speaker cabinets I didn,t need a lot of distortion it was like a wall of sound High Voltage was the best band in Portland the clubs were ok but i loved the concerts the lounder the better.John Baker was a monster on drums he had a double bass drums set Greg the bass player used 4 amps the singer Bob was a wild man we lived in the same house and rehearsed every day we were not gigging except Sunday or monday I will dig up an old photo of me that was taken in Las Vegas my hair was almost waist high and I was THIN lol great times and good music. smile

No we were to busy playing to record when I was with the band after I left they replaced me and did some recording work smile

dino48 wrote:

Lookin pretty good there russell,did you save anything you guys recorded?

They got another guitarist.  There's no replacing the King of the Mutants!

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

9 (edited by Russell_Harding 2013-03-19 12:32:21)

After I quit they did come to Las Vegas to try and talk me into comming back but I was already in another band and booked so I closed the chapter on High Voltage cut my hair a tad and played the clubs and the strip in Vegas for several years the mutant mellowed lol (somewhat) smile

Zurf wrote:

They got another guitarist.  There's no replacing the King of the Mutants!

That is just too neat! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Hey, I remember the Band!  And I recognize the location where that photo was taken... 3rd street on the Southwest side.  Cameron's Bookstore is still there.

Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Doug we played at the hydroplane races in washington on a barge it was a damm good band smile

Kool Pic!!!

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Very cool Russ!  I knew you had some good secrets about the past hiding away.  wink  Looks like you guys might have even had a few groupies.  Cool pic!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

15 (edited by Russell_Harding 2013-03-20 17:59:57)

thanks Amy,I could tell stories but this is a family site I thought of writting a book once but that passed lol

mekidsmom wrote:

Very cool Russ!  I knew you had some good secrets about the past hiding away.  wink  Looks like you guys might have even had a few groupies.  Cool pic!

I

Great pic Russell. I love finding old pics like this.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

17 (edited by Tenement Funster 2013-03-20 21:14:44)

That's a sweet pic, Russell! Old pics bring up lots of good memories, and a few bragging rights here and there. That was quite the amplifier setup you used ... whew!

I wish I had one of the High School dance band I played in (4 gigs only). I was the only white guy amongst 5 black guys, and we played mostly funk that was fun and easy to dance to. It was great fun, and they were a great bunch of friends who made me feel right at home, as "the honky on guitar" (LOL).  The name of the band was (supress gag reflex here) "Soul & The Bad Ones" ... I swear I had nothing to do with that. I was just subbing for their regular guitarist, who had broken his wrist playing basketball.

That's so awesome.  You need a white leather tassled jumpsuit, man.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

I think it had something to do with my hearing loss but earplugs were not in fashion at that moment in time,I never got into funk most of what we played were James gang genre or original songs the audience loved it that was all that mattered smile

Tenement Funster wrote:

That's a sweet pic, Russell! Old pics bring up lots of good memories, and a few bragging rights here and there. That was quite the amplifier setup you used ... whew!

I wish I had one of the High School dance band I played in (4 gigs only). I was the only white guy amongst 5 black guys, and we played mostly funk that was fun and easy to dance to. It was great fun, and they were a great bunch of friends who made me feel right at home, as "the honky on guitar" (LOL).  The name of the band was (supress gag reflex here) "Soul & The Bad Ones" ... I swear I had nothing to do with that. I was just subbing for their regular guitarist, who had broken his wrist playing basketball.

yeah but I was a rebel lol

jerome.oneil wrote:

That's so awesome.  You need a white leather tassled jumpsuit, man.

4 fender amps? that's just showing off! no wonder you're always having trouble understanding what i'm saying...LOLOLOLOL.

about this book thing....you've done music, movies, song writing, chess, it seems to me that writing a book is a natural progression. or are you keeping that for your old age?

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Everyone has trouble understanding what your saying lol must be the accent lol

Phill Williams wrote:

4 fender amps? that's just showing off! no wonder you're always having trouble understanding what i'm saying...LOLOLOLOL.

about this book thing....you've done music, movies, song writing, chess, it seems to me that writing a book is a natural progression. or are you keeping that for your old age?