Re: What are your favorite movies

This one may be seen only as a cult movie by many, but 'Vanishing Point' is certainly the best road movie ever made (with the possible exception of Steinbecks' Grapes of Wrath).
'V.P.' isn't just a car chase - it's a slice of what America was like in the 70's. (Oh yes, the car chase bits are peerless!)

A few of mine have also been mentioned but ill say them anyhow. And I

Mal - Well, lady, I must say, you're my kinda stupid.
Mal - Jayne, your mouth is talking. You might wanna look to that
Kaylee - No power in the verse can stop me. BOOK-  you're going to burn in a very special level of hell. A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theatre.

treblebee wrote:

This one may be seen only as a cult movie by many, but 'Vanishing Point' is certainly the best road movie ever made (with the possible exception of Steinbecks' Grapes of Wrath).
'V.P.' isn't just a car chase - it's a slice of what America was like in the 70's. (Oh yes, the car chase bits are peerless!)

VP was good - Try and get a copy of "Two Lane Blacktop". I think it's the only movie that James Taylor acted in. Worth a watch if you like road / chase movies.

Randy

Hank's prosepctive gutiar player said: "Mr Williams, I'm not sure I can play for you, the onliest chords I know are C D & G"
Hank repleis, after a short pause: "Well, what else is there?"

So many to chose from, but here goes;

El dorado
Star trek IV,  lots of humor
Star wars, the original three
Band of Brothers
Young Frankenstein
Silver Streak

John