Topic: String pop

I'm noticing that when I changing   cords I'm getting pop or a ring. I tryed to let off easy but they still make noise I can here. It happens with my acoustic also is this just anouther practice thing or something else

Let no talents go unused

2 (edited by beamer 2013-03-19 23:47:04)

Re: String pop

There is always some string noise. Does it happen if someone else plays same guitar? If not then Im tending to lean towards your technique.  Maybe find someone you know who plays and show them what your talking about.  They may have a helpfull hint. Its hard to tell w/out actually seeing how your playing when it happens.  If you have skype or facebook we could do a vidio feed and I would be willing to see what your doing.  We jsut have to corralate the time diff.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

I always get some kind of noise from my strings,I believe it is normal.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Hard to say for sure, but it may be that you're removing your fingers from the strings at an angle rather than straight off, which will cause your fingertips to "pluck" the string a bit. This is often a desired technique for some songs / styles.

To TF's point, I do that on purpose. I don't just pull off with my fret hand...I hit all the strings with my pick hand.

6 (edited by Starc12344 2013-04-10 17:36:30)

I hit all the strings with my string pick hand.

light meters

Ill try that  thanks guys

Let no talents go unused