Topic: Ukulele Party Songs?

I've been invited to a party by friends and asked to bring my ukulele along with me...
I need  a few suggestions for songs that will be sure-fire hits for people to sing along to - what would you play? The average age of guests will be somewhere in the 50s, so nothing too modern, please!
Alan
Stratocastermagic

2 (edited by easybeat 2012-06-08 00:27:43)

Re: Ukulele Party Songs?

Alan

some good fun & easy songs i play
in the summertime
you are my sunshine
another brick in the wall
honky tonk woman
teddy bear
jolene
my ding a ling
folsom prison blues

Ps  Let me know how it goes?

The King Of Audio Torture

In the summertime is a nice song to play at a ukulele party.

Go on Chordie and browse there are hundreds.

How about anything by Jimmy Buffett.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Just registered and saw your post now .I presume the original party is well and truely over and this year's is on the horizon ! "Shelter from the Storm" sounds great on the uke
:-)

The Mighty Quinn

8 (edited by dino48 2013-03-30 01:26:50)

Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head, I think it was in Butch cassedy and the Sundance Kid movie. We have alot of uke players here,so if you go to the all public songbook's you will see uke playbooks at the bottom.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Wagon Wheel by The Old Crow Medicine Show.  or more recently by Darien Ruckus.   Only 4 chords.  Memorising the words is the hardest part.