Topic: Martin DCX1E Electric Accustic

Hello guys,I'm new to Accustic guitar playing. I have a Martin DCX1E Electric Accustic which I mostly play without the Amp ( A Cube 20). I was wondering how some players get a bright tone
Ring from their guitars. I have changed strings but the Martin still seems to not produce that bright tone,any thoughts would be appreciated.

Re: Martin DCX1E Electric Accustic

Try Elixirs, they make any guitar sound better!

I read a few reviews on this model and most people seemed to like the bright tone of the instrument. Of course tone is relative.  Each person hears their own sounds.  Short of replacing the saddle and nut with bone and trying different strings, I am not sure what else can be done.  You might take it to a luthier and have a setup done.  This may do the trick.  Martin is usually very good at setting up their guitars prior to shipping, but who knows.  I wish you luck on your journey.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Well, it depends on which other players you mean.  If it's players on a recording, then some of that is in the recording process.  Other times, it's because you may be playing cowboy chords way up near the nut and those other players are using barre chords in the middle of the neck.  Other times, they may have their guitars strung in Nashville style.  You'll have to look that up because I don't quite grasp it, but it's something about the treble strings being an octave higher than usual.  Dirty Ed does this with one of his campfire guitars.  It sounds really neat and is fun to play. 

To get the brightest tone out of your guitar (very nice choice by the way, that's a terrific guitar), try using light gauge phosphor bronze strings.  I'd recommend using Ernie Ball Earthwood strings or D'Addorio strings. 

Good luck.  Have fun playing around to get the sound you want, but remember to keep practicing until you get it.  All things in time.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Thanks Guys lot of good suggestions here, here are the strings I have been using: Elixir Nanoweb Custom light /.011--.052 and D'Addario EJ16 Light .012-053. I don't think its the Guitar I think I may need a different Guitar to produce that sound I'm looking for. I'm looking for a sound clip that describes the sound. You hear it in new Gospel songs Chris Tomblin,Steven Curtis Chapman Ect. Its not always on an Electric though.

Here's the Tone I'm looking for,I don't think Im going to get this on the Martin DCX1E.
This is played on the Martin HD28.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA5bLQUU4JE

hkdj    To me a Taylor (and others)has a brighter sound than a Martin. I like like the sound of the Martins better. My son has a Martin like yours and I love it. If you decide to change you could post it in the "chordie Classifieds" and I bet it would go quickly.  Again welcome to chordie, AL

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.