Re: New Tascam DP-24 day

I got this puppy wired, most by trial and error some by reading the manual I'm adding some more tracks this is now fun smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

We are standing by too hear it russell.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

and you will the meal will be served when its cooked and not before lol

Do not exit the ride untill it has come to a full and complete stop lol

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Holy mother of God is this a machine or what? I recorded 12 tracks panned them and the sound is unbelievable I used my Miroslav Philharmonik software program to record two Steinway grand pianos in stereo then I added violas and violins bass and two guitar tracks stereo to keep the meter even I first recorded 3:45 seconds of a drum track generated by my Yamaha E 223 the tempo was set at 68 bpm so it was easy to follow I am so impressed with what I have so far I think I will compose another verse and omit the lead guitar solo. I will mix all the tracks and bounce them to stereo and start recording all the backup vocals some with Miroslav (for mixed choir oooh's) it sounds like the Mormon Tabernacle and some backup vocals will have to wait till I record the lead vocal I can only tell you what my ears hear and the only words to describe it is "angelic" I look forward to tomorrow and more recording time,I will video tape some segments and assemble them into one using the finished tracks as a audio for the video I should have this ready in about a week or so (no rush) and start my next project that I put on the back burner till I finished this one "heaven I'm in Heaven" smile

Still waiting for the final video russell.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

when Michelangelo was painting the Cysteine chapel the pope repeatedly asked him "when will you make it done" the response was "when it is finished" I am not going to hurry this and when it is finished it will be something I will be proud to say "this is my composition"

I just got a new bass amp, so I may have to wait a bit before I can get one of these things.  Which makes me sad.

But it was an SVT-4 + Cab for $650.  Can't pass that up!

I'm living vicariously through you now, Russell!

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

jerome.oneil wrote:

"vacariously"??? Good job I keep a dictionary at the side of my PC lol

Rog

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Fate intervenes we all have to make choices you made a good one some deals don't wait and the more I learn about the Tascam will make it easier for whoever gets one smile

jerome.oneil wrote:

I just got a new bass amp, so I may have to wait a bit before I can get one of these things.  Which makes me sad.

But it was an SVT-4 + Cab for $650.  Can't pass that up!

I finely finished all the backing tracks they are mixed and the only thing left is the lead vocal and I will put in a lead guitar solo my voice is a little raspy today so I will rest it and record the vocals tomorrow then master this and send it to my laptop as a wav file ready for the video smile

I found this old photo of me and my vintage Telecaster I was around 22 or 23
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-OpS324Pnvyo/UV3zawxLc3I/AAAAAAAAAxc/FPpYmCzIfOQ/s480/Russell+with+Tele.jpg

The "Thinker"
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/554883_10201037714723804_401538258_n.jpg

Not that old then.......................................... only 10 or so years ago lol

Rog

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I wish lol

is it me, or do you look like Paul Mccartney?.....no offense meant

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

I don't know really Phill It was around the same time we did a lot of cover songs including the Beatles if I do resemble him it is not intentional smile

I recorded the vocal and mixed my song down and I am not happy with it only because it sounds better in my headset then my pc speakers, when I mastered it I didn't have the volume up enough I did cut a cd and confirmed I need to boost the volume on the final master I found this out when I played the cd I had to turn the volume up quite a bit from its normal setting so back to the drawing board I need to make another master track mix and after listening I think I need to redo the vocal again.

It took me a while to figure out that the master fader was not the volume control, too.  big_smile

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

yeah when the Tascam makes a master mix it automatically uses tracks 23 and 24 and both those tracks are controlled by one fader so I just have to raise the level on that fader the next time but I did learn something I definitely have to redo the lead vocal I was sitting down because I intended to use both condenser mic's to record,one for vocal and the other for my acoustic so this time I will stand and play the solo with my strat and see if that improves the quality smile 

jerome.oneil wrote:

It took me a while to figure out that the master fader was not the volume control, too.  big_smile

I re-recorded the vocal and added a acoustic guitar solo mixed it hit the mastering button had all the levels set and I couldn't understand why there was no master file created all the tracks are still there I spent several hours recording and mixing and I was groggy so I saved all the data and shut it down it occurred to me later I forgot to arm track 23 and 24 for the master file so I will do it tomorrow when my head is un-confused then I can divert my attention to planning a video for the audio track but the hard part is over the song is done I could have embellished it with some choir backing but I decided to forgo this addition. the song is in wav format and about 425MB I hate to compress it to a mp3 but it would take forever to upload a video in HD with a audio wav format so I will have to capitulate smile