Topic: installing a LR Baggs M1 active pickup

I had a new BR 160 Blueridge guitar and took it to the local music store, purchased a M1 active Pickup and wanted the store to install it, so they agreed to do it for $35.00.  I was called by the store to come pick up my guitar they informed me it was finished.

So, after I arrive and began looking at the guitar at the bottom where the pin was and the jack installed it was torn loose and a gouge was in my guitar.  I was unhappy to say the least and was informed it was just one of those things that could happen during the installation.  The guitar is solid wood and the gouge happened taking out the pin.  If they saw it was not coming out why not drill the pin out, it's about a 1/4 pin?  This ruined my new guitar.

I showed my displeasure with the store owner and he agreed to replace the guitar with a new one from the factory.  This was after several minutes of arguing with him.  He wanted to fill it with wood putty and spray laqure over it.  NO....No... So he agreed to replace my guitar.  Now my question is this....They want to install this same pick up in the new guitar coming...Shame on you the first time shame on me the second, what do you think about this?

Please advise, Thanks Sonny

! Corinthians 15:1-4

Re: installing a LR Baggs M1 active pickup

I wouldn't let them touch the replacement guitar. Just tell them you changed your mind and don't want to install one. Then find another shop to do the work. At least they are going to replace the one they damaged. Good luck.

Joe

Tyson7 wrote:

I wouldn't let them touch the replacement guitar. Just tell them you changed your mind and don't want to install one. Then find another shop to do the work. At least they are going to replace the one they damaged. Good luck.

Joe

I agree with Tyson,if they are that bad about messing up your guitar once they may do something too your new one,take it too someone else.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Did you pay for the new pick up?  If so, Get your new guitar, and the pickup, and tell them good day, as you walk away never to return.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

No, I have not paid for the pickup.  I want to just walk into the store get my new guitar, make certain it is no second or factory flaw, check it out and leave.  It looks like they would want the pickup left in the guitar in order to sell it...don't know.

! Corinthians 15:1-4

"Just one of those things" ???? What a goofy comment from a business that's represents itself as professional. I agree with all the other comments. Check around with folk you know who have had similar work done, and find a shop where they know what they're doing, and know how to take care of their customers.

Not a very good recommendation for the repairer. The damage should have been noticed and repaired before, or pointed out to you, when you collected it.

Many years ago I was Service Manager at a Ford main dealer and a new Cortina that had been brought in for it's 6 week service slipped off the ramp and damaged its front wing (damaged!!! it was destroyed smile). When the owner collected his car that evening and I confessed to him the mishap that had befallen his pride and joy he was none to happy. That is, until I showed him his car, I'd had the wing replaced, repainted, and the striping renewed. He said he would not have know without being told. One happy customer who kept returning regularly.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"