1 (edited by Phill Williams 2013-04-01 21:47:05)

Topic: new songs

happy april to all. i was looking through my songs and noticed that i'd written 7 new songs in march plus 2 instrumentals! i recorded them and transferred them to CD which i've been listening to all week-end. there are a lot of errors but hey-ho. if you'd like to give them a listen and comment on them you can find them on SoundClick, just click on the link at the bottom. then click my name under the picture.

thanx

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: new songs

Hi Phill
A nice batch of new songs there all different and good in there own way. I liked Hard2 sleep particularly and the instrumental My favourite colonial.
Well done
Tony

I will find some time to listen later Phill I got a busy day ahead smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Hi all just signed on here looks like a very interesting site...from Wales UK

hi fallan, welcome to chordie.

thanks for introducing yourself, but you should know that it is frowned upon to use an on-going thread to open a new subject. we would prefer it if you opened your own thread by clicking on "new post" at the top right of any of the forums. be assured that if you have any questions or tips we will be happy to listen and help. each forum deals with a particular subject, this one for example is for and about songwriting. if you just want to chat about anything relating to music or other interests, go to the "chat" forum lower down.

phill

ps, where in wales are you? i'm from llanelli.

Welcome fallan.  Join in any time

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

thanks tony, i've finally figured out how to get my recordings up-loaded (with reasonable quality) on windows 7.

i had to look back to see how "hard to sleep" went, i tend to forget songs after i've finished recording them! i've just done a new backing track for "colonial" it's one that has stuck in my head and i shall be doing it in my live sets.

russ, i hope to be busy my self shortly too and for the same reason, my DP24 is on order and hopefully be at my door soon!

phill

Phill I have to get busy and do some recording I downloaded Reaper and I have been with Jerome's help trying to navigate all the various FX effects and screens so I can process all the data from my Tascam into songs that I can add effects that are not available on the Tascam as you pointed out the strings and piano tracks seemed compressed and you were correct that is because I was unable to add the effects direct to a DAW I had to use a adapter from my pc to the Tascam Reaper lets me take a normal guitar track and change it into any instrument from my Miroslav Philharmonik program and not lose any quality or be compressed,it sounds fantastic but only because it is I have another song I am arranging and plan on recording tracks very soon possibly tomorrow keep ya informed smile

gosh, every time you open your gob you find some new miracle on the DP 24. i was told about "reaper" some time ago, but i wasnt aware of those capabilities. i'll have to take another look.

oh by the way....get busy wink

phill

A rolling stone gathers no moss I did record 3 tracks today they were just guitar tracks intended to be processed in Reaper the song is instrumental so far I will add a bass and drums and see what magic I can conjure up with the FX Miroslav Program I feel like a mad scientist lol

Phill Williams wrote:

gosh, every time you open your gob you find some new miracle on the DP 24. i was told about "reaper" some time ago, but i wasnt aware of those capabilities. i'll have to take another look.

oh by the way....get busy wink

phill