Topic: hand issues, again

Well, its back and worse than it's ever been. I've had a history with "trigger finger" in both hands that has required 2 surgeries on each hand. Now it has comeback in my left hand (chord hand) and it is affecting 3 fingers ( index, ring and pinky). After playing for a short time my hand will hurt enough to keep me awake at night. In the morning my hand is swollen to where I cannot completly close it, my fingers are locked up and the pain is very bad. I look forward to wrapping my hand around my coffee cup more than being able to drink my morning coffee.

nela

Re: hand issues, again

I;m really sorry to hear that nela.  I feel your pain buddy.  So if you play guitar, you get painful fingers later on.  That sucks.  I wishh I had a cure for you.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

That stinks.  Sorry, buddy.  I wish it weren't so. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Awwww that's horrible. Maybe a good time to learn slide?

Baldguitardude wrote:

Awwww that's horrible. Maybe a good time to learn slide?

That's what I was thinking

Let no talents go unused

6 (edited by beamer 2013-04-10 21:30:55)

Pedal steel.  I met a guy with a synth  pickup attached to his pedal steel and he could do very cool things with it.  from harmonica to harp to viola  lol    he never has tried to go heavy though LOLOL too bad for me LOLOL

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Sorry to hear about your problem.  I've been suffering a lot of hand and joint pain too, but nothing compared to what you're experiencing.  Wish there was something I could do to help you but all I can do is offer sympathy.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Sorry to hear this Dennis. E-mail coming at you.  AL

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

sorry too hear that nela,have you ever tried the gloves they make for peop;e with arthritis,or some old socks ( clean ) with fingers and thumbs cut out that works for me sometimes when I get pain in my hands.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I can relate, Nela. Sorry to hear of your problem. I had basal joint surgery in my left thumb and couldn't play for 1 1/2 years. I bought a Morgan Monroe dobro and learned enough to hold my own in a jam. It was fun and I still play from time to time. Back to my guitars now and play every day. I still have pain but its manageable. Hope you get better......get a dobro until you do.
Russell

Sorry to hear this, my friend, I am praying and wishing that you (or the medics) can find an answer for you. I know how distressed I would be in your situation.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

After suffering with this "trigger finger" problem for way too long I finally went to see the doctor. The pain, in both hands, is getting unbearable so it is time to get something done. At this time it looks like I will be undergoing surgury
week after next - after the doctor returns from vacation. Also, I am taking a "blood thinner" that I will have to be off of for at least 7 days prior to the surgury. The surgury will be on the 4 fingers of my left hand AND all 4 fingers of my right hand. Yes, both hands and 8 fingers all at the same time. Other than having a (both) "palm" full of stitches the doctor said I could expext immeadiate results. I twill take several days before I have complete use of my hands back.
As soon as I have a set date for the surgury I'll let ya'll know.

Nela

Good gravy, that sounds rough.  Best of luck to you buddy.  It's amazing what can be done lathroscopically (is that the right word?).

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Jeez. I'm sorry. What's that from?

That's gonna be a rough couple days. Praying for good results.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Nela I hope all comes out well soon.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Hope there is some sort of medical answer to that, it sounds just awful. All the best...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Went to a singing tonite and while knowing better I played 3 songs while my wife sung. Had to quit as my left hand began to hurt, badly. As I was sitting and listening to the other singers my index and pinky fingers (left hand) curled up and froze in place. I can straighten the fingers by forcing them to open with my other hand but that is extermely painful. Have my hand wrapped in a heating pad and hoping that will help.

nela

Nela maybe you should wait till you get the surgery done.

NELA,
I am feeling  very sorry for you.
Hope you come round soon.........

Date for surgury has been set for 5-23 @ 7:30am. Not really looking forward to this but I am ready to do anything to get rid of the pain I've been having.

Nela

Nela we are all pulling for your pain too go away so we hope thing will be right soon. The phys therapy is most the time the most painfull,hope it will not be so on your part.

Thoughts are going out for ya Nela!  Here's hoping the surgery will get you on the right track!!!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Surgery tomorrow morning.

nela

Wishing you well and a successful outcome.

Rog

"Do, or do not; there is no try"