Topic: Famous Artists

Is there a chordian out or inside the forum who was lucky to talk with famous people in the rockworld.
I did, because I worked as medical doc on one of the greatest rock festivals in the world, being backstage doctor only for the musicians. So I have seen a lot, I had a lot of fun KEEPING IN MIND: NEVER DISTURB THE ARTIST(S). Of course you have many interpretations of this rule and the people working backstage was below 15, like 1 friend (now) did or had to look if everything was allright, if it was the right kind of beer, water.....
But in my case, I was called by the artists. And they are really not better than we, BUT please, don't start to ask pictures or signed stuff. If they like you as a person, they will do this spontaneous. I realise now that I was a lucky guy, and the first "meet & greet" is WOW!! I have discussed with a lot of artists, BUT knowing the most important rule, I discussed when THEY called me.
BEST CLOSE ENCOUNTERS
1/ FOO FIGHTERS, in particular DAVE GROHL. He gave me his home phone number, and invited me for visting him in Seattle, he wanted to play together, going to the studio to see REM recording their album. I didn' contact him and I still regret it, because he is a sweet, polite modest & quit man. Why I didn't: duty called me and if you work as independent: no work, no money and just coming back from holiday. I don't like to write stuff like this because it's so selfish like look what I could do.
I was proud, and it was amazing NO REGRETS.
2/ ICE T very nice guy, got a few t-shirts.
3/ Wendy and Lisa, there I saw a lot, very nice bodies.
For my conscience, please write or answer on this topic.
DID YOU HAD THE LUCK TO TALK WITH ARTISTS, more or less famous.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: Famous Artists

Hi chordian phil,
I have met a few.
I have met all the band "love hate"
All out of the choir boys,
Jake burns from stiff little fingers and bruce foxton from the jam/slf ad now in from the jam
the drummer from  pmsl, naepalm death ( i told hi i hated their music.

Lemmy from motorhead, he bought me a pint in the venue years ago. I think it was to get rid of me since I asked him why so many good looking women talked to him when he was ugly, t was meant as a joke and he took it as one too.

the late stuart adamson from big country. When I was going to the barrowlands to see them in 1986 or 1985 while I was walking down high street in glasgow his driver stopped so he could talk to me and my mates, at 15 or 16 years old I was in awe, My hero stopped in the streets and talked to me.

Paul Di'anno, the first singer with iron maiden. I met him when in 1988 in ... in..... I canny remember,lol, it was near ilford on the ast side of london,  place calld Green....????? or ,,,,,,,green. He went on and on about how good he was in iron maiden.

I know of someone whos uncle worked as a taxi driver and picked up Midge Ure ( thin lizzy/ultravox, solo, co organiser of live aid) he was very drunk and crying in the taxi saying to the driver how no one liked him anymore, this was a few years after the first live aid.

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Re: Famous Artists

Thanks for answering kilt. I can't help it, I worked as medical doctor here for the national theater and I directed even some hours, concerning plays where someone was sick or dieing, I had to show them how. And it is so long ago, but "me directing" my television idols, I told them that it was strange to have them as friend, they where even on my wedding, 15 years before, they were my super heroes in all kinds of television "stuff". So I told this, that it was an honor and their answer was even more: We have the honor to know you as man and as doctor, we should be feeling good.
There is only 1 rule: DON'T force yourself to reach the centre of the circle.
Like on that concert, the artists KNEW they were not attacked by paparazzi or journalist (maybe it is easier with a cell phone 5 mp photo's and video. Still al those encounters, are one of the high lights in my live. But those names fade away. If you see our kids, already the next generation, my daughter is going on 20 already;
they don't know a damn thing concerning our music, so did my parents.  I just love music, even the most primitive: see ?? the ORIGINAL black betty by leadbelly, no instruments, just his foot.
But I asked that question, just because you are standing eye in eye with a super group, or Bowie, Lou Reed, and telling jokes for 2 hours with Chris Rea, great man, and very underestimated, as was Rory Gallagher.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]