Topic: Looking For an EQ Pedal for an Acoustic Guitar

Hi all,

I have a Walden G570TB (which I love and adore!) with a Fishman Rare Earth Blend installed in the soundhole. I find the Fishman to be just a tad 'bassy', but with a bit of EQ it just sounds amazing!

Can you guys recommend a good EQ pedal? I was looking at the Boss GE-7 but just wanted a few suggestions smile

Re: Looking For an EQ Pedal for an Acoustic Guitar

Nice axe, Jason! When I needed an EQ pedal, I did a bit of looking around and settled on the $30 (Brand New!) Danelectro DJ14 "Fish & Chips" Equalizer Pedal and I couldn't be happier (2 years and no problems). Not only is it affordable, but it got great reviews everywhere I looked, and I now add my name to the chorus who sing it's praises. Nothing fancy, just 7 bands of EQ plus a volume slider (though I think it looks cool and I love the color). It is a small pedal, and plastic not metal, but certainly sturdy enough for me; I don't beat my gear around and I set it on top of my amp.

As a side note, I later sprang for the MXR M-108; it is a 10-band EQ pedal which is not small, is made out of metal, and costs 4 times (!) as much. It runs on 18 volts and comes with it's own power adapter, but it also imparted some hiss to my signal when used on my pedalboard, and while I do get my Tele to sparkle with it, among other things, I'm not sure it's worth four times the price of the Danelectro.

So before you spend 3 times the money for the Boss GE7, or 4 times the money for the MXR M108, give the little Danelectro pedal a try; you may be pleasantly surprised.

Get your slide and let's get it on!

Jason, I agree with Songster on the Danelectro's. I have a Danelectro chorus pedal that I love. I get all the sounds I need from it. It's sturdy and you can't beat the price. And no problems with them . I'm going to get a few more of these.

Joe

Thanks guys I'll definitely give the Danelectro a go... I'd be losing money not to! tongue