Topic: Prices of top quality Electric Guitars

What are prices ranges for quality Electric guitars? Mention here updated price with brand name and features. Don't forget to share online sources to obtain guitars.

Re: Prices of top quality Electric Guitars

thats really a broad subject as you can be here typing them in all day. You might try shopping guitar center,or amazon. Find what you like and some of us will give you our opinion. I like to go too the place I want too buy a guitar from and see if it plays and feels good. some others will buy online. You will know when you have the right one in your hands.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

American Musical Supply is another source they have a payment plan I have purchased several items from them the top quality guitars are naturally Gibson and Fender a new Gibson Les Paul standard can run up to $5000.00 there lesser models sell for a around $2000,00 Fender American Standard Stratocasters prices vary a lot depending on the extra gear but are in the $1700 down to $800,00 these brands do not depreciate quite the opposite the older they are the more there worth like stratavarious violins don't expect to find a bargain smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I saw dont get hung up on names. boat loads of good guitars o ut there! If I have the money I want this next,, (its the closest thing t o my old Kramer I can find)  http://www.guitarfetish.com/XV-890HSS-S … _4494.html

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

If you want a top quality guitar for a decent price, I suggest a Japanese made Fender Strat or Tele. They rival and at times even exceed the quality of the USA made Fender Custim Shop ones. The MIJ or CIJ's generally have 7.5" to 9.5" radius  "C" necks. Great for rhythm and lead bending.

I have a Strat made in China the Standard S 101 I don't notice any difference between mine and one of my students American Strats I did switch necks opting to replace the rosewood with a maple and remove one of the springs the intonation is dead on smile

westieq wrote:

If you want a top quality guitar for a decent price, I suggest a Japanese made Fender Strat or Tele. They rival and at times even exceed the quality of the USA made Fender Custim Shop ones. The MIJ or CIJ's generally have 7.5" to 9.5" radius  "C" necks. Great for rhythm and lead bending.

I have a strat made in Mexico and it sounds and plays just as good as the American one's. I only paid $170.00 for it but that was about ten years ago; the simi hard shell case was included.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

You typed the 4 letter word for excrement in describing the  S*&t hot guitarist that is not allowed period.

christopaul wrote:

Nasty word removed?

I suppose that when a guitar maker is making a guitar, those with lovely inlays and gold hardware and a stunning finish my well be far more expensive. Maybe the extra expense allows the maker more time to make a special instrument because he won't need to make 10 guitars in the time he can spend on this one. On the other hand if the basic design and process is excellent to begin with, a great guitar will still be produced. Leo Fender is the man to thank for great guitars we can afford to own.

I see friends holdiong hands, saying "How do you do"
They're really saying, "I love you"
Louis Armstrong. Wonderful world.

I am not going to argue on the history or grammatical usage of profanity don't push it Chordie is a family site and profanity is not acceptable I don't need an English lesson just don't repeat it.

christopaul wrote:

As a world wide forum, there will be phrases or expressions that have different meanings or connotations. I accept that you find the word unacceptable and had I used it in a different context it could have been regarded as nasty.
Nasty implies that offence was intended. The context in which I used the word the intention was very much the opposite. In some company "sissies"  may come across as a far more offensive word.
Had you said the word is unacceptable, that's ok. I do object to the word being removed and described as nasty.

That's a loaded question. Do you play now? The reason I'm asking is to see if you have an idea of what your preferences are. A basic American Made Fender Strat is roughly $1000.00. A basic American Made Gibson Les Paul is roughly $2000.00. I say roughly because there are lots of variations between the models. Then you have models that are not American made, but still very high (or sometimes even better) Quality. My suggestion is to play several and determine what you want in a guitar...then go online to Musician's Friend, Guitar Center, etc. and do some price comparisons and read reviews. Once you know what you want, set a budget and go for it!

Hope that helps...probably not much of an explanation but I'm willing to give opinions...jg

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

christopaul wrote:

I suppose that when a guitar maker is making a guitar, those with lovely inlays and gold hardware and a stunning finish my well be far more expensive. Maybe the extra expense allows the maker more time to make a special instrument because he won't need to make 10 guitars in the time he can spend on this one. On the other hand if the basic design and process is excellent to begin with, a great guitar will still be produced. Leo Fender is the man to thank for great guitars we can afford to own.

The other thing to concider is technology.  I think it was Peavy who was one of the first guys to realize the benefit of CNC production for solid guitar bodies.  As quoted :  Peavey embraced state-of-the-art technology to produce guitars at lower cost, becoming the first manufacturer to use computer-controlled machinery to turn out guitar bodies and precision parts. Years later, Peavey recalled, "When we announced that we were making guitar bodies on computer-controlled machinery, some of the most prominent names in the industry said, 'Impossible. Everybody knows you can't make guitars with a computer.' That was a rather simplistic attitude, we thought, because, in fact, we weren't making guitars on computers. We were using ... computer-controlled machines to make precision guitar parts to tolerances that heretofore manufacturers couldn't even think about approaching. Guitar makers are always talking about handcraftsmanship. What handcraftsmanship is, in many instances, is the ability to fit together parts that are produced with a lot of 'slop' in them."
Take it for what you will Peavy is still a great company and their guitars have evolved greatly. (I dont own any yet but its only $$ stopping me big_smile  )
This would be why PRS, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUmdzFuv8Zs  Gibson (any naysayers can watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkyXEmmFT2U ) there is a good one on Dean also : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRZxwyiZ1xg ).

Thought you guys wouyld like to see how similar they are all made.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Michal James wrote:

What are prices ranges for quality Electric guitars? Mention here updated price with brand name and features. Don't forget to share online sources to obtain guitars.

As others have said it is such a broad area, but I can say this..I never had a guitar that cost more than 300$ witch was fine with me, till I inherited a Gibson SG standard, a Gibson SG Special custom, and a Kramer SR-1, all at once! Many people on this site laughed at just how lucky I had been. Now my recomendation would depend on your skill, & experience. You probably wont hear a lick of difference if you are a beginner, nor would you be able to pull out just what a Gibson can do, vs a lesser guitar. However once you got your chops, I absolutely love my SG-standard, & its worth the $. The great thing about G.Center, is you can test em out...and leave. So go see what u like.
                                                                                                               Pete