Re: Takamine guitars

The only Takamine I ever played was a 12 string and it played like a dream. The only reason I didnt but it was the price tag. You may want to look into Jasmine. It is the lower end brand by Takamine. I don`t know anything about them but they may be a cheaper alternative.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

I had a Takamine 12 string with on board EQ. It was a great guitar I had no complaints . I think they are very good guitars.I got tired of changing strings that why I sold it. Now I wish I hadn't. I sold it to a guy I knew and he played it until it couldn't go any more. I just wore it out he played it so much. He said he loved it too.

Joe

I bought a used left over,garage sale Takamine F312 acouple of months back. Only paid $25.00 for it. I love it, great little guitar I do not think you can go wrong getting a Takamine.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

My daughter had a jasmine guitar by takamine. She's not into it anymore so i traded it in for an Art & Lutherie spruce...

Eagles 4ever!!!

I purchased a G series Takamine that list for about $900 and I really like the looks but I get a vibration or buzz when playing. It appears to come from the the G string but can't be sure. It has been looked at and reworked and still there. Does anybody have an idea what it could be?

Cheers,
Ron

A friend of mine has got Takermie, nylon strung but joins at the 14th fret instead of 12th. The fret board has a has the same radius as a steel strung, just a little wider. It sounds like a nylon strung, feels like a steel strung. A great guitar.

I see friends holdiong hands, saying "How do you do"
They're really saying, "I love you"
Louis Armstrong. Wonderful world.

Like Zurf, I've been looking for a cheap campfire/river bank guitar with decent sound.  Saw a youtube video of a Takamine GS 430S being compared to a high-end Gibson and to my ears it had 85% of the sound at 10% of the price.  I figured the cedar top and nato back/sides would contrast nicely with the spruce/mahogany of my Recording King and the spruce/rosewood of my Martin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knL72eoeATI

Pulled the trigger on one from ebay and it arrived yesterday. Added new GHS strings and did a little sanding on the saddle to lower the strings just a touch and she plays and sounds great.  The sound is a little brighter than I expected from the cedar top.  First guitar I've ever owned with a pinless bridge and I had to be careful not to scratch the top when installing the strings.  Satin top and back are pretty plain looking and that's what I find appealing. Plus I think the lack of varnish may help bring out the sound of the tone woods. Only complaint I have is the narrow string spacing with my big paws.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Ibought S34c as a starter. Paid to have it correctly set up.
Plays fine.  As I get better I will step up. But will always keep my Tec.