Topic: Heat Wave!!

it's really getting hot out here in n. calif.,I hope this heatwave gets over soon. how are the rest of you doing ? bgd, zguitar,peter b,  and some of the other members.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Re: Heat Wave!!

Overcast here in the great white north, rain all week. over

badeye    cool

one caper after another

We're looking at 113 today in so cal. That's just too hot. We were in Vegas a couple weeks ago and it was 109 - 112 all weekend. We're going to Catalina for the 4th. Can't wait to get out of this heat for a few days. YAY!!!! It's gonna cool down a little this week so I think we're all good.

Drink lots of water!!!!!!!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Got so hot here in Lower Alabama saw two dogs stuck to the same fire hydrant.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

It's been 114 for a few days here.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

90 earlier. The sun went down now and it looks like rain.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

84 in jackson hole wy today ice in dog dish last week

Let no talents go unused

72 in my town of Port Washington Wisconsin it looks like the weather patterns are locked were getting rain sun rain in the west its hot and on and off temps and weather in the east not typical for this time of the year but then our winter lasted a lot longer too

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Been really hot here on the mountain, the back injury is keeping me inside the house. It's hard staying inside, I miss doing yard work and walks in the woods.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

sounds like odd weather all over, we had 107 and will stay like that for a few more days,it  stays too 80 at night so it is hard too sleep.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

We camped in Missouri and other mid-west states during the heat wave and drought last year and it was miserable. 115 a few days. It's been right wet in Virginia this spring. I wish nothing but good luck and safety to those of you dealing with the heat this year.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I live on the gulf coast of Florida, which everyone thinks is so unbearably  hot in the summer. Thing is I've been traveling to Texas regularly for the past few months. Living on the water keeps the temps relatively moderate, generally high 80's to low 90's here on the beach. A beating afternoon sun in Austin or Houston when it's pushing 100 with absolutely no breeze makes me glad to come home to the relative cool of FLA! The heat in Texas has been brutal and it's only gonna get worse.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

topdown wrote:

I live on the gulf coast of Florida, which everyone thinks is so unbearably  hot in the summer. Thing is I've been traveling to Texas regularly for the past few months. Living on the water keeps the temps relatively moderate, generally high 80's to low 90's here on the beach. A beating afternoon sun in Austin or Houston when it's pushing 100 with absolutely no breeze makes me glad to come home to the relative cool of FLA! The heat in Texas has been brutal and it's only gonna get worse.

My sister lived near Dallas for 5 years the weather is real odd there as it can change in a real short amount of time. Most Texans say if you do not like the weather now wait a bit and it will change.

Just had a bit of a situation in Baker CA yesterday. Stopped mid road trip to let the GF's little one go to the bathroom and my dog destroyed my truck from "both ends," if you catch my meaning. I spent 40 minutes in 122 degree heat cleaning and deodorizing. That really stunk. And it smelled bad, too.

Fire art  wrote:

Hey about 8 years ago I did a marithon ride from Idaho Falls to your town.  I had enough time to slam a burger and 2 beers then get down the mountain b4 dusk. LOLOLOL  Great ride, Beautifull country.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

dino48 wrote:
topdown wrote:

My sister lived near Dallas for 5 years the weather is real odd there as it can change in a real short amount of time. Most Texans say if you do not like the weather now wait a bit and it will change.

Since Friday the weather here in N.Texas has been awesome!  No higher than 100 during the day, 70s at dusk till dawn.  This cold front is supposed to be here for the week.  It was only 88 at 3 pm.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Baldguitardude wrote:

Just had a bit of a situation in Baker CA yesterday. Stopped mid road trip to let the GF's little one go to the bathroom and my dog destroyed my truck from "both ends," if you catch my meaning. I spent 40 minutes in 122 degree heat cleaning and deodorizing. That really stunk. And it smelled bad, too.

That sounds like some kind of daytime Nightmare!!. I hope this heat will leave us soon.

It's been pretty warm here in NY, although not terribly more than usual.  The bad thing though is that it's also been aweful humid.  More than humid actually... the areas around me are considered disaster areas as many of them have flooded.  We're talking about shopping areas with water up to the tops of cars and such.  Serious flooding.  Bridges are looking like landslides and roads are completely washed out.  We've got a few hundred people that are still displaced from their homes since last Friday, and it's still raining.  My backyard has been quite wet but thankfully I live on a bit of a hill and most of the rain has been east of here.   

The kids are bummed it's been too rainy to go to the beach, but thank goodness for AC!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Beautiful country where your at I have been there mountains lots of elk and deer l like the old west feel too smile

Fire art  wrote:

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Spent all of last week in Orlando at the AAU volleyball championships with my daughter. Expected it to be unbearably humid as it was in South Carolina in '05 when we visited family. Surprisingly it was less humid than in SoCal and, while warm, not hot. The Florida drivers made up for the lack of uncomfortable heat though...

Came home to SoCal where the heat was higher...and humid too! Funny, I used to look forward to the arrival of the heat as it meant the possibility of large fire potential and fun for me. Now it just means I sling steel in the heat and the only reward I get is a small paycheck.

I still prefer the heat though.

Trolldome (living below the Bridge) is pretty sweet lately. It has been in the low 70s the last few days, but we are   expecting to be in  the dreaded mid to high 80s toward the end of the week. Wish we could store some of that heat  for winter.

The last year I delivered mail, there was an armadillo corpse on a slight rise on my path to a mail box. Armadillos really stink after being ambient temperature in summer heat for a week or two. I remembered this fact and took care to alter my path to the box to miss the remains.
Inevitably there was a car that crowded me enough to watch him and made me forget about the former armadillo. I heard the squish as I plastered him all over the underside of my car.
Even techniques that remove skunk smell failed to remedy anything.
Only time-lots of it finally helped a bit.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?