Topic: Nikola Tesla

Today is Tesla's birthday. For those of you who don't know who he is you should look him up. He is the greatest inventor ever. In direct competition with Edison during his hay day. Tesla way so far ahead of his time, but as with all geniuses, he had his quirks and was a weirdo really.

Tesla the band (one of my fav's) is actually named after Nikola Tesla. The Tesla electric car is named after him too.

Happy birthday Tesla!!!!!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Nikola Tesla

Do you follow the oatmeal?

Tesla came up with alternating current when Edison was using direct current which required thicker and longer cables to supply it Tesla's AC used very thin wire and could be transmitted over many miles Tesla was backed by Westinghouse and financed by JP Morgan he was working on a revolutionary transmission of free energy using the ionosphere to bounce signals from a tower JP Morgan pulled his financing because he didn't want people to get electric or any power free Tesla had other very advanced proposals he was a true genius and humanitarian smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I have heard and seen documentries on him he was a genius.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Baldguitardude wrote:

Do you follow the oatmeal?

LOL. I didn't know what the Oatmeal was so I looked it up. I'll have to check it out further.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

He does a lot on tesla.  Very funny.

7 (edited by beamer 2013-07-11 03:41:42)

zguitar wrote:

Today is Tesla's birthday. For those of you who don't know who he is you should look him up. He is the greatest inventor ever. In direct competition with Edison during his hay day. Tesla way so far ahead of his time, but as with all geniuses, he had his quirks and was a weirdo really.

Tesla the band (one of my fav's) is actually named after Nikola Tesla. The Tesla electric car is named after him too.

Happy birthday Tesla!!!!!

I was in San Antonio over teh 4th, Saw A damn nice Tesla.  Still a pretty pricy ride for the nice one at 93 G's and 265 on one charge. ( That would only get me 2 round trips to work and there are the hills to consider, is that flat land miles per Kw?) I wonder how your house bill for charging every night would look? and would it actualy top off the charge if you can only get 5 hrs on the cord?

Its a pricy toy. bu they its the best on out there for now. It sure did look nice. Like a high end Lexus.

Z I once drove Jeff Keith to do his laundry and he gave me tickets to the show.  They blew Poison off the stage.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

they speak a lot about Tesla on wharehouse 13, one of my favourites

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

I saw Tesla open up for Poison way back in '88 or so.   We went to see Tesla, and managed to get "a few people behind the barrier close."  Poison... we sat in the back and smoked a lot of pot.

Good show, in most respects.  smile

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]