Re: Cordiestock 2 - 2013?

mekidsmom wrote:

I do have a Martin you could try out while here... along with venison to eat.  Just saying.  wink  tongue

Thanks Amy but right now I am putting every cent I can into my Martin fund,I do hope you all have a great time and I can taste the venison right now just thinking of it.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Stephie - my 8 year old - has decided (once again) to try to learn to play the guitar.  She says she NEEDS to learn for the gathering.  She's working on my favorite 2 chord song right now.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Amy pretty soon you will have a band!!!.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Teach her well Amy and Save dino.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

She did GREAT!  I can't believe it.  I thought for sure she would quit when she couldn't get the D quite right.  Nope!  She kept on trying through the day and we were actually able to play Tom Dooley together after a few hours!  I didn't push her, just showed her and kept giving positive encouragement.  I can't believe she kept going all day until she could do it!  No, it's not super smooth.  No, her strumming isn't anything to write home about, BUT she CAN transition from a D to an A7 and back without too much hesitation.  She's GETTING IT! 

PROUD MAMA!

Dino - I don't blame you wanting to save for the Martin.  Giving up many other things until you get it, is WELL WORTH IT!  I love mine, and you will be glad you saved for it when you meet your new love too!  smile

petes right I need too be saved from my own cooking,maybe I will meet a good lady someday. Glad too hear stephie stuck with her lesson and learned a song,most kids her age will not do that.

I'm thinking this time a week from now, the party will be getting just about primed. I've been traveling so much, I've almost lost my calluses. Gotta work on that before next weekend! Very much looking forward to meeting the mekids gang!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

It's almost here!  They can't wait!  I've been working on getting my callouses back, so don't feel bad Jeff.  When our fingers start hurting we'll just soothe them with a little whiskey and rum.  wink

Today is the day! So excited for the food and music! Show up soon friends of mom haha

"A bad note is only a fret or two away from a good note."  Anonymous

Topdown has arrived and the jamming has only started.

"A bad note is only a fret or two away from a good note."  Anonymous

I hope that all of you have a great time and that you will share them with us ,(Photo's etc )

Wish I was there. Have a great time.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

12 solid hours of great music food drink and laughs. What a blast. Thanks Amy, Jim, Al, Steph and Kate for sharing your home with me. Was great to meet Amy's dad after hearing so much about him all these years. What a talented family!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Sounds great - wish I could have made it too! I hope there will be pics and video to come...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Highlights, and random things I learned this weekend.

You can get so drunk that you can't play your guitar.  This means, you can't play chords that you should be able to.  You can't keep a steady beat.  The beat you think you are keeping is really much slower than you think it is.  This is really funny for the drunk person who can't understand why their fingers suddenly don't work right.  It's also really embarrassing when it's played back to you the next day on video.  Some people are allergic to bees.  Those people should have Epi-Pens when visiting podunk NY as we have a LOT more bees here than in NYC.  Jeff is a GREAT sport.  He can fill in a Bm even when someone is playing without a beat.  You CAN have a skype Jam in the middle of a party (literally, Zurf was in the center of the circle on the tablet).  People that don't play guitar are impressed, even if you're too drunk to play.  Rain storms do NOT ruin parties.  My Dad can still impress the hell out of everyone, even though he says he can't play anymore.  Jeff can get really drunk and still play guitar.  3/4 of a bottle of Rum is my proof.  wink  Jeff is extremely tall.  Washing the top of the fridge never occurred to me before I saw a picture of him standing next to it.  I can hardly reach the top of the fridge.  Next time there will be a bed for him to sleep in (so that he fits, and  his snoring is muted a little).  I shouldn't start drinking until after I've got the food organized.  There is a huge venison roast that should have been on the charcoal side of the grill.  I am spoiled by local corn.  Salt potatoes really are a Syracuse thing.  Other people seem to love my kids as much as I do. 

Pictures are coming soon!

Sounds like y'all had a great time.  Wish I could have been there.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1016964_10201685848766623_2123564987_n.jpg
Most of the group.

https://sphotos-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/971031_10201685846166558_550979619_n.jpg
Jeff is SUPER TALL!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/544684_10201685847526592_976031385_n.jpg
The hubster

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/521686_10201685845006529_2033604610_n.jpg
mekidsmomson

https://sphotos-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/539568_10201685848606619_250393307_n.jpg
All I was good at really was striking poses.  My fingers were way too drunk to play guitar.  wink

Sounds like everyone got drunk and had a good time.  I missed it for sure.  I could have fit right in with the drunks.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Dirty Ed wrote:

Sounds like y'all had a great time.  Wish I could have been there.

DE

It's our turn this weekend.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Damn that looks like fun time!!!. I have had Gumby fingers a lot of times so I know what you are talking about. I missed out on all that venison,if you still have it you can make a good chile out of it.That is one of the times I would put a Martin away and use one of my older guitars.

Amy, is any of this on FB yet?

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Thanks guys!  It was a blast!  Yes, it's on FB and there's a few more pics there of the other party goers and such as well!  smile  I heard a rumor that a video of my terrible drunken version of "Puff the Magic Dragon" might go up at some point.  My friend in NYC has it on her iPhone.  So far it hasn't surfaced.  I have to admit, I REALLY hope it stays that way!  LOL!