Topic: Default instrument/tuning setting doesn't seem to work anymore

Hi folks,

I play ukulele and for years have had no problem getting chord shapes to show as the uke ones by default but since a few days ago they're always showing up as guitar ones until I change them manually, for each song, every time. I double checked and re-set my Default instrument/tuning to Ukulele (C-tuning) in Resources > Change Settings and (for what it's worth) uke is also what's set for my songbook. In case it was some problem with Firefox from an update I tried it on Chrome and Internet Explorer and same problem. Does anyone know what might be the cause of the problem?

Thanks!
David

Re: Default instrument/tuning setting doesn't seem to work anymore

The previous thread to yours reported a similar problem: http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=21898

As you can see, there is a bug and Per is looking into it. Hopefuly it will soon be sorted.

Thank you for reporting.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Thanks for the quick reply and sorry I didn't find the other post in my search.

Cheers,
David

I changed a key  from D to E ,when I ADD it saves in D and doesnt save in my online song book  ,whats up?

rooster1 wrote:

I changed a key  from D to E ,when I ADD it saves in D and doesnt save in my online song book  ,whats up?

Send a message too the admin.,see if they can halp you.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I have the same problem with the default, and every single song I've saved in my online song book are now defaulted to 'Guitar' and I have to change every single one when I look them up.

still not fixed...........boo hoo

I have sent a message to Per, the site owner, to remind him about this problem.

Roger

sounds like we have a guitar gremblen amongst our members.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I have the same problem. Default instrument is always guitar no matter what other preference is set. This was reported 2 months ago

11 (edited by dsleland 2014-06-30 00:22:16)

Well, it's been over 10 months since the last post in this thread but I for one still cannot get default instrument to change to ukulele even though I have that in my settings via Resources. Oddly, there is another thread started this month where someone asked about changing the default tuning and someone replied with how but it's the same method which used to work but hasn't now for over a year. For well over a year no updates were listed in the news section on the front page, but now there have been 2 this year so clearly some attention is being paid to updates and improvements for the site. Perhaps now is a good time to ask again whether someone can fix this issue? Or is it actually working properly for some people? Thanks very much!

Mine is working,you should send another message too the administrator.

Dino, you say it is working for you. Are you sure that when you make the change in Resources every song you look at has been changed to the alternative instrument? I can make the change, to say ukulele, but the songs still all have guitar chords.

Dsleand, I have written to Per the site owner asking him to look into this.

I would like to know if other Members can, or cannot, successfully change to an alternative instrument and see the correct chords after the change, please.

Roger

No problems here. I changed instruments and all the proper chord shapes came up.
                                                                                                                                Dave

Thanks for speaking up folks. Last night I emailed admin and as Roger Guppy said, he's passing the question on to Per.

16 (edited by dino48 2014-06-30 18:20:54)

Roger I never change I only play guitar. Do you think in the future we can get some Piano tunes in here. I do play a little piano,I got one like Russells  about a year ago. Not too many places on the net for there chords etc.

Rickyjack and Hummin n Strummin. Just to be clear. You went into Resources, changed your instrument setting to say 'Ukulele - (C tuning)' and without doing anything else all songs show the correct instrument chords.

I am asking because I have been with 'Ukulele - (C tuning)' for 24 hours and every song that I look at is still shown in guitar. OK I can go into any song I look at and change it individually but the setting in Resources is supposed to be a global override. In the setting I have, the Chord Chart and every single song should be showing the uke chords and not guitar.

If it is working for you and not for myself and dsleland there is something very odd going on, so I am hoping you misunderstood my question and are saying that you can change songs individually.

Roger

Roger,you are correct I did misunderstand the question. I just checked a couple of individual songs and could make the change. But do not have an over all changeover. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
                                                                                                                                        Dave

rickyjack wrote:

I did change to uke in c then I tried mandolin and the correct chord boxes came up on each.
I didn't go into resources. At the right of the screen where it says transpose and tuning is where I changed things.

Ricky, I think we can all change individual song pages to have the correct instrument (I can); the setting in Resources is to change the default from guitar to something else, so that it doesn't have to be changed on the song pages every time.

So I guess right now we don't have confirmation of anyone being able to change the default via Resources?

No worries. Hey, I don't want to wish problems on anyone else but at least if it's a widespread (if not universal problem) it might garner more attention! wink

Thanks guys, I probably did not express myself well enough in my earlier post. Thank you for your input and lets hope that Per can sort it out.

Roger

The default instrument choice is still not working so I guess it will never get fixed

Yes, with all due respect, what the heck is going on? It used to work fine so I would hope fixing it wouldn't be too onerous and it has now been over a year since this problem was reported, with more recent reminding, data provided, etc. a month ago. Can we pretty please have this looked at, which berries on top and all that? wink