Topic: "If I were a carpenter"

I don't mean to be a pest but on the johnny cash song page it shows " If I were a carpenter" to be written by john holt. Of course we all know Tim Hardin wrote that song. Sincerely, i do not wish to be downing all the hard work which has been put in creating & managing this site. So, please, tell me if my observations are unwelcome & i will keep my remarks to myself.  Thank you, papabristol

Re: "If I were a carpenter"

Your observation is certainly welcome.  Here is the answer you will receive from most everyone..  First, you are right on all counts.  Chordie does not have these songs on its site, there fore the correction can only be made at the site that the song is actually on. Chordie only brings the song forward from that site and puts it in ChoPro format for the lucky users here.  There are many mistakes in many of the songs at Chordie, but most are simple enough for us to recognize and make changes for ourselves. .  You will get better explanations from other here, but I hope that helps.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Re: "If I were a carpenter"

Hi papa and welcome to the site,there are a lot of songs here that do not have the original artists names on them.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman