Topic: Just Found Ya

Just discovered this site today. I played guitar from the time I was 12 til I was in my 30's. I kinda drifted away for a couple of decades. My life changed this winter when my wife had a massive stroke and died. As I have tried to restart my life I notice a Fender Acoustic on Amazon and began trying to make myself play again. I was able to do something after a bit and eventually my fingers toughened and I remembered some of the songs I once knew. I had my right wrist rebuilt this Summer so I had a lot of time on my hands. My youngest found a decent used electric S101 Standard with a Roland amplifier. I couldn't play it for several weeks because of my surgery but before I had enough wrist to strum I ran across a Fender Starcaster electric at a  Flea Market that looked like it needed me. I was able to make the necessary repairs and now have enough strength in my wrist to play and am using it as therapy. I really enjoy the song postings because even the simplest ones can put someone like me back on the track to remembering many of the songs I once knew.

Shorter of breathe and one day closer to death.

Re: Just Found Ya

Hey Steve,

I'm glad you finally landed here.

It sounds like you have had one heckuva year.  My condolences... 
Good on you for opening your life to let some music in.  And you won't find a more supportive crew than here. 

I dragged a closet guitar around for some 30 years and finally showed it some light a couple years ago.  Music can be and bring some pretty good friends.

All the best,
Jim

WELCOME!

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Welcome to Chordie,

Pull up a chair, opens a beer, sing a few songs and make yourself at home.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Steve, welcome. You're going to love it here. Great music and great people.

Joe

Welcome, Steve. Feel free to join us as we all tend to help and support each other. If you have questions there is a place to ask them. If you want to answer questions asked by others you can do so, as well. We can treat you so many different ways you gotta like some of them.

Nela

Welcome to Chordie Steve. Please accept my condolences. Lots of us pulled a guitar out of the closet, blew off the dust and started playing again. You won't find a nicer group of people to have fun with.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Hi steve and welcome here.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Welcome Steve, you've had a tough way to go and, there are people here who understand about that. Just keep playing, music is a great healer and we're here to help.   b

Thanks, Guys. I appreciate all the encouragement. I think I really will enjoy this site.

Shorter of breathe and one day closer to death.

Welcome this is a great site

Let no talents go unused

New to the site myself and I really like what I've been reading.  Sorry about your wife and wrist.
  When I picked up a guitar 10 years ago, a friend told me, "you'll never be bored again."  Boy I've found that to be true!

hi steve, welcome.

remember it's only too late if the wife's in bed with a bad mood and a hot temper.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.