Topic: Life Moments

Here is a song I wrote and recorded this morning and link if you would like to hear it: https://soundcloud.com/jets60/life-moments

Life Moments By Jeff Gilpin

August 18, 2013

[D]I open my [A]eyes

Wash my [G]face greet the [A]morning

While [D]you are down [A]stairs

Already [G]been up a [A]while

[Bm]I plop down be[G]side you

Share your [Bm]space

Without [G]warning

While [D]you tole[A]rate

Like you always [G]do [D]

[Dm]I want to keep this [Am7]moment

And [Dm]make it last for[Am7]ever

But [Dm]life has a funny [F]way of denying my [A]plans [G]

[D]You’re off to [A]work

[G]No time to dilly [A]dally

While [D]I’d rather [A]spend

Every [G]moment with [A]you

[Bm]I hold you close [G]to me

[Bm]As if I had the [G]power

To [D]keep you for[A]ever

In my [G]arms [D]

But [Dm]life has a funny [F]way of denying my [A]plans [G]

[D]You’re about out the [A]door

Se[G]lecting your [A]shoes

“Does [D]this go to[A]gether

With [G]what I have [A]on?”

[Bm]The shoes are [G]fine

But [Bm]we’re out of the [G]time

A [D]kiss and a [A]smile

And [G]you’re [D]gone

But [Dm]life has a funny [F]way of denying my [A]plans [G] [Dsus4] [Dsus2] [D]

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Re: Life Moments

hi jeff its the other way round for me,i'm up ,cuppa in bed for the mrs,a kiss before i go,go down get my clobber on and out the door,bit commical how things come about in life,great lyrics,have a listen later....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

hi jeff.

liberal use of the dreaded Bm!!! a lovelly waltz my friend. the feeling i get as i listened is that you were quite emotional as if you were ready to burst into tears?

well done

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Thanks Phill. No tears. I was just appreciating time I spend with that gal of mine. She was heading off to work at a local winery and I was envious of all those the patrons who would get to spend that day with her.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

not to mention the free drinks?

i know what you mean though, i don't think i could handle life without my lady. she gives me a hard time now and then, but it's the loving moments i remember

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Thumbs up jeff,no I do not have a big blue I like thumb but maybe someday the admin will put one here for us too use.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Thanks Dino - I saw a thumb on other posts but it was just a picture attached....your words are as good as a picture.  smile

J  E  T  S