Topic: chords to ''it doesnt matter anyhow'' by jose feliciano

Hi there,  thanks for enlisting me to chordie...it looks very informative and look forward to enjoying all it has to offer.  Lastly,...I me looking for a translation of a Spanish song to English...is this possible...????

2 (edited by farr 2013-09-06 02:29:55)

Re: chords to ''it doesnt matter anyhow'' by jose feliciano

Hi members...I me looking for a translation of the song''no hay sombra que me cubra'' from the album ''Ecenas de Amor'' by Jose Feliciano...looking forward to hearing from you...

hi farr, welcome to chordie. apart from telling you to punch the "translate button" i cant help you. hopefully someone else can. please enjoy chordie and take part in the forums.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Translater programs always make a error, or two, or three, and you wont get the proper translation. I don't know where you live, but it shouldn't be a problem finding someone fluent in Spanish.  Even a high school teacher.  That way you will get the perfect translation.

Songs do not translate easily from one language to another, the length of the phrase and the rhyming will never match.

A few years ago, a Portuguese friend of mine wrote a great song which I wanted to sing but my Portuguese is non-existent. Luckily his English is great, so we sat down together and translated his lyrics to English. Many of the phrases he used did not make sense in English and in the end I re-wrote an English version of the song using the general idea of what he was saying but in no way could it ever be called a translation of his song. As an aside we did go on and perform the song together a couple of times, Joao would sing in Portuguese and would take over in English. Happy days smile.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"