Topic: You should see the smile on my face

Bought it on Monday, Delivered to my office an hour ago,  I can't wait to get home with it.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ … onth2013-3

Re: You should see the smile on my face

Happy NGD!

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Good for you sat.  Happy NGD buddy

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

nice looking guitar enjoy your ngd !

Wow Happy NGD sat. I love Takamines.

the chordie geordie

I'd go home sick and play that thing.

Happy NGD!!!!!!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

That is as beauty happy new guitar day!!,let us know how it sound and plays. Takaminines are a great brand.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Happy NGD.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Love my Tak - Happy NGD!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Yea NGD

Let no talents go unused

Great looking guitar. Happy NGD.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Nice guitar, Sat. I, too, play a Takamine Jumbo. If you don't have an acoustic amp you'll need to be looking for one as thats when they really shine. Sounds just not as good if played through a regular electric guitar amp. I use a Roland AC60 and it works very well. Check around and you should be able to find a good used one and save money over a new one. A(A keyboard amp will work, too, and may cost less than an acoustic amp)

Nela

Very attractive guitar! I really like the Jumbo model--both the look and the sound.

Thanks guys,  I founs it's not as forgiving as my Fender.  What I mean is if I'm off a little on my finger placement or pressure, the Tak let's you know it.  The Fender kinda forgives you a little and it sounds OK. 

I didn't realize there was a difference in the amps as far as electric or acoustic. I'm finishing this post and going looking. 

Thank you for your congratulations.  you guys who play Tak's what strings have you found sounds the best.  I don't want to do the trial and error route.

PS whats the difference. elec - acoustic amp???

Speaker / amp design,  some have a seperate channel and speaker for a Mic , reverb ect.

To be honest, I mic my ovations up with a sound hole pick up and run right to my main rig.put it on a clean channel and dial in the verb and chorus and delay.  Its up to you, do you have a amp of any kind already?  get a Rp or some kind of modeling station and put it through to the amp. you will be amazed at what you can do.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

An acoustic amp is less prone to feedback, some with anti-feedback circuitry and controls. Most also have a second channel with an XLR socket for a mic.

Roger

OK What I have is a Epiphone Studio 15 R.  Google it and let me know if this fits what I should be using for an acoustic. It has separate imputs and controls like Beamer was saying.   I bought it with my Epiphone Les Paul.

I have aTakamine EN20 Jumbo and use a Roland AC-33 amp

the chordie geordie

Congrats on the new Takamine!

I've got one of their 12-strings on my "G.A.S. List". They make some sweet sounding guitars, and many of them are quite affordable for the quality one gets.

sat20387 wrote:

OK What I have is a Epiphone Studio 15 R.

This is a 15 watt electric guitar amp. But if you do not have feed back problems then do not worry and keep using it.

Roger

22 (edited by beamer 2013-09-13 21:37:11)

sat20387 wrote:

OK What I have is a Epiphone Studio 15 R.  Google it and let me know if this fits what I should be using for an acoustic. It has separate imputs and controls like Beamer was saying.   I bought it with my Epiphone Les Paul.

I say use what you have unless you plan on giging.  You have low and high inputs and effects loop.  Play with it some.  Dial in on the clean channel, you can do alot with your 3 tone knobs and you have reverb.   Im not saying NELA is wrong. It's spot on.  But for now, if you are not performing in a club, play with what you have.

I have mentioned before on here that my acoustics are sent through a Dean Markley wood encased humbucker > a digitech RP 250, set like I mentioned > and into either of my  amps.  I am currently running stereo into my Beheringer 1X12 60 watt and my Bugera (again a Behinger) 5 watt tube amp. 

It even sounds good with the dist cranked up! You get all kinds of wild feedback and is fun to goof off with smile

If you dont like what your hearing with your amp after tweaking it for all its worth, then go looking.  Just my .002 cents.
http://th05.deviantart.net/fs70/150/f/2011/119/4/a/homer__s_guitar_by_cittykat21-d3f65af.png
http://www.toonpool.com/user/4265/files/guitar_smash_1593745.jpg

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

Can I take this in a different direction?  Although we all think we sound like garth brooks Jason Mraz or __________ (fill in the blank) some of us should leave the vocals alone. Unless you are gifted, some of us just sound like a  Cat that just got struck by lightning when we sing.  Is there anything other than taking lessons from a pro to help us sound good enough to get by and not have people listening to make funny faces when singing.  I heard of programs that help correct your voice when singing.  Is this true????? Is there another way. I was told once I sound pretty good but some else asked me to stop I was scaring the children in the neighborhood.  LOL

Screw that!

Sing it out loud and proud. The Bible says that the Lord rejoices is our voices raised in song. He's the one what gave you that voice, so He knew what He was getting into.  If it's good enough for Him, it ought to be good enough for anyone else.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

sat20387 wrote:

Can I take this in a different direction?  Although we all think we sound like garth brooks Jason Mraz or __________ (fill in the blank) some of us should leave the vocals alone. Unless you are gifted, some of us just sound like a  Cat that just got struck by lightning when we sing.  Is there anything other than taking lessons from a pro to help us sound good enough to get by and not have people listening to make funny faces when singing.  I heard of programs that help correct your voice when singing.  Is this true????? Is there another way. I was told once I sound pretty good but some else asked me to stop I was scaring the children in the neighborhood.  LOL

Most of us are not gifted with the golden voice.  Some days are better than others but just push on through.  Thoes that dont want to hear what your doing will walk or tease.  Yet ask them to sing and you wont get any takers.

In answer to your question what you are asking about is called AUTO-TUNE,  but it can not make magic either.  Before the abundance of home recording software this was the producer and engineers secret wepon. the older wepon was reverb also. 
The list of rockers and fake pop stars that use it is pretty long.  Vince Neil of Motley Crue, I am pretty sure Ozzy and and many others have come to rely on it as they have gotten older and not taken care of their voices.  Vince is on film saying I never sing dry.  Now he he is soaking wet LOLOLOL. but Hey its Vince Neil and by god he and Oz have earned it in my opinion.

I have been working with Jerome and when I told him I couldnt sing, he said "just sing confident! I have Auto-tune and Im not afaraid to use it!" LOLOLOL big_smile