Topic: Passwords

Hello and thanks in advance for reading this post. Somehow, my chordie password got messed up. So I requested a new one. I was sent one, which I copied and pasted to the change password window...it will not accept the password sent to me...grrr...what do I try next?

Re: Passwords

Welcome to the forum, I think you might ant too wait for the administrator too see this or someone else may be able too help you,meanwhile dont sign out when you leave it is not necessary.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Well it seems you are logged on now as you have to be to post in the forum. Simply click "Profile" on the dark blue bar above and on the top of the "essentials" page, click "Change password"

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Thank you topdown...unfortunately when I go to essentials page there are 3 boxes..labeled..."old password" "new password"   and "confirm new password"........in the old password box...i enter the password sent to me in mail and it is rejected.

You need to enter the old password oherwise it will not accept the new one. I am guessing that you have your username and password saved between visits to enable you to log on now.

I can change your pasword without the old one so if you do need it changing please write to me privately and I will alter it to something simple and you can then use what I give you to change it to something you can remember.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

i forgot the password and you sent me a new one but how can i change that to my own?

I've had to get new passwords recently and always had trouble getting them in. I usually find (whichever site I go on) that cut and paste doesnt work, could be me or the PC??? so I usually write down the code then type it in manually, which might take a couple of go's but remember that the P/W are case sensitive so check you have the correct type, and also "O and 0" often get mixed up so try all combinations.

Lenny, check the posts above, changing P/W are explained.

Phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

My password enters automatically when on my laptop however, I'm trying to logon using my tablet and don't remember my original password.  Can I obtain a new password so I can change it to one I can write down and remember? 
                                                                                                                              Gary

topdown wrote:

Well it seems you are logged on now as you have to be to post in the forum. Simply click "Profile" on the dark blue bar above and on the top of the "essentials" page, click "Change password"

Gary - did you read this thread? Follow the instructions above (from about 3 posts above yours) to change your password.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

I am logged on now thru my computer. It is the ipad where i have my problem