Re: Football 2013-2014

What was the name of that half-footed kicker the Saints used to play?   He was one of the earliest football players I can remember, and is largley why I like the Saints today.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Are you thinking about Tom Dempsey who kicked a league record 65 yrd field goal?

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Hi toots we have not heard from you in awile,glad your teams are doing well.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

jerome.oneil wrote:

What was the name of that half-footed kicker the Saints used to play?   He was one of the earliest football players I can remember, and is largley why I like the Saints today.

Morton Anderson is the one I am thinking of he played there when Jim Mora was coach and the team was known as the "ain'ts". He was there only scoring person for most of there games then. I might be wrong on the name,and I do not know of any half-footed kickers. Maybe toots will know the answer.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Well looks like my team got beat today,and Green bay also,The saint's and seahawks won. I think Jerome and Toot's are happy campers.

Cowboys won and the rest of the NFC East lost - not a bad day for me. My new home team (the Bucs) are 1 step closer to making a coach and / or QB change and that's not all bad either.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Thats good the cowboys seem too be getting better,I have not seen the bucs play or heard much about them.

33 (edited by Russell_Harding 2013-09-23 04:46:57)

The Packer game summed up too many mistakes including the head coach they were in an ideal position to win the game with a minute left in the game and on a crucial 4th down and less then a yard they run it up the middle with a third string halfback and no fullback leading the way he fumbles and they get a touchdown game over this is a bad coaching decision they have a lot of work to do and some guys to heal up and hopefully the week off will do some good.

Hi russ,I saw and agree with you,good that green bay gets a bye week. The 49ers messed up they are looking like a team we had three years ago I wish we could get a bye week  now, we are in need of it. We have too play the Rams Thursday night!

Russell_Harding wrote:

Are you thinking about Tom Dempsey who kicked a league record 65 yrd field goal?

That's the guy!  I think that record still stands, doesn't it?

jerome.oneil wrote:
Russell_Harding wrote:

Dino 48, Russell Harding is correct. Tom Dempsey with half a foot kicked a 65 yard field goal.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

jerome.oneil wrote:
Russell_Harding wrote:

I am not sure if it still stands but I can find out smile

38 (edited by tubatooter1940 2013-09-29 13:23:54)

Well, my Fairhope Pirates high school team got knocked off this week but Alabama prevailed and the Saints play the Dolphins Monday.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Toots the saints and dolphins should be good game the dolphins are getting better,so at least it may be an exciting game too watch.

Man, this is the kind of day I've had.  I'm watching the Seahawks get a beat down compliments of the Texans.  It's 20-13 with four minutes left, and Wilson throws a pick.  I turn it off and go to wait for the tree guy to come by.    We're talking and drawing up a plan to take care of the trees in the yard, and I mention it was too bad about the 'Hawks gettting whacked.

He says "They won" and then goes on to describe the comeback OT win they pulled off.

First time in team history they're 4-0.

I guess if I would have watched, they'd have lost.  smile

Jerome I watched the last of it it was a tight game and pretty exciting. I also caught the last of the  Huskee's and Arizona last night . Looks like both your teams are doing good this year,how do you think the huskees will do next week when they play Stanford?

Man, the UW Stanford game was awesome when the refs were letting them play.

Horrible officiating all over the place right in the middle of a really good football game.

Hi Jerome I watched a little Stanford vs Huskies yesterday, even though I favor my cardinals I agree the officiating was not too good. I am watching the Seahawks and the Colts right now and I think the Seahawks are a better team,they really look good.

They were running it, that's for sure, but just couldn't get into the end zone enough.

Tough week for football out here.  big_smile

Hi jerome,the Seahawks almost pulled it off today but the interception at the end killed that,My 49er's are starting now the houston team is going too be a big challange,they have a tough defense.

Houston is good overall.   I think they're QB gets a bad rap, though.

Well, maybe he doesn't get a bad rap tonight.  What is that, eleven picks?

they looked like someone else in the Houstons uniforms. The 49er's had  great day of interceptons. Houston is a better team then the one that showed up last night. I am not sure of the picks count.

Jerome, it was Tom Dempsey, he played only 1 year for the Saints and kicked a 63 yard FG with only 2 seconds left on the clock to win the game, and with only half a foot. Since then 3 people have tied that record but not beaten it. Jason Elam for Denver, Sebastion Janikowski from Oakland and if you remember just last year the 49ers kicker David Akers kicked a 63 yard FG.

cAM

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

cameronkl7 wrote:

Jerome, it was Tom Dempsey, he played only 1 year for the Saints and kicked a 63 yard FG with only 2 seconds left on the clock to win the game, and with only half a foot. Since then 3 people have tied that record but not beaten it. Jason Elam for Denver, Sebastion Janikowski from Oakland and if you remember just last year the 49ers kicker David Akers kicked a 63 yard FG.

cAM

I knew it was Dempsey I was wrong on the yardage by two yards oh well thanks for the info smile