Re: CHORDIESTOCK II - Feb 22, 2014

It's early yet - a little less than 4 months to go, but so far, it seems like there's pretty good interest. Here's the way I see it thus far:

IN: Wayne and Lizzy, Amy, Jeff, Toney - probably a few local friends as well.

LIKELY: Jets, Zurf

POSSIBLY: Beamer, Tubatooter, Old Doll, Per

No response yet: Paul, Guitarpix,, Astro (I gotta email Astro)

Already starting out better than last year, especially if those possible's turn out to be "IN's"

How cool would it be to meet Per (chordie owner)? He has friends in the area is going to try to make it! Old Doll is trying as well!

The clubhouse / pool area will easily fit 40 or 50 - come on chordians - who else is in!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

I am having a shake up of my schedule but , I work 14 days on and 14 days off so hopefully I will have it ironed out by then. We are coming, just hope we make it when the rest of the Chordie  gang is there.

"London Bus Pub'' is a way cool place to visit. Friendliest folks you're ever gonna meet.

Later, Wayne P

Hi Jeff! Really not sure at the moment, but I'm a maybe! Last year was a real blast, so if any other Chordians are thinking of going, then do yourself a big favour and do it!!
Cheers!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

29 (edited by beamer 2013-11-03 08:03:01)

COUNT ME AND THE WIFE IN!!!!! 
I ASKED HER TODAY AND ALL SHE WANT S TO KNoW IS IF OTHER LADIES WILL BE THERE!  As soon as the bonus check gets here, should be this week! Ill buy the tickets.  After that Its just logistics and deciding what guitar how much seet music to ship to Jeff's via UPS.  Time to start practicing! Time to get one of my guitar cases two broken hinges fixed!
Oh I told her Amy ws going to be there and Wayne an his wife and maybe Lena, and that if she got too bored with us on the guitars, Idd call my friend Carrie to take her around the town.

So I think giving up my motorcycle rally in mar is well worth it since last year was not too good, I am now officially psyched! ( If she bails at the time of buying tickets, then BY GOD IM STILL ON MY WAY!)
http://social-media-design.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/happy-dance.jpg

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

T-shirt design sent to Jeff for review. $20 for a professional silk printed shirt with name on back. We need six takers before that works.  if Jeff doesn't go for the design I sent, I can do iron ons like last year and will come up with something.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Awesome beamer! - So glad you are able to make it!

Zurf- The Tee shirt looks great, although I'ff take mine with nothing on the back. Count me in for 1 of the six!

Paul - I've got this 12 string sitting in the corner and she has missed you. I promise, I'll even change the strings for you!.

IN!!!

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

33 (edited by beamer 2013-11-04 09:14:08)

Jeff can I play the 12er too? LOLOL

im in for a shirt also, but prefer designs on the front if that matters at this point.  who needs the money sent to them?

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

Shirt's not a guarantee yet. Most likely I'll have them printed and sent to Jeff. You can pay me at the event.  I'll need to know three things:

1. Your size
2. Whether you want a name on the back
3. If you want something on the back, whether you want your handle, your actual name, or what.

The T shirts are Hanes beefy tees in men's sizes.  I might be able to get ladies sizes, which I realize is of no use to Beamer, but Liz and Mekidsmom might appreciate it.

Beamer, I am more than happy to share another guy's stuff...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

normtheguitar wrote:

Beamer, I am more than happy to share another guy's stuff...

big_smile LOLOLOL  Great, Im just not gonna send my non replaceable Pacemaker through the mail or the airlines.

(maybe we should do Jeff a favor and bring a new set of strings with us for the 12)

37 (edited by beamer 2013-11-04 22:59:02)

Zurf wrote:

Shirt's not a guarantee yet. Most likely I'll have them printed and sent to Jeff. You can pay me at the event.  I'll need to know three things:

1. Your size
2. Whether you want a name on the back
3. If you want something on the back, whether you want your handle, your actual name, or what.

The T shirts are Hanes beefy tees in men's sizes.  I might be able to get ladies sizes, which I realize is of no use to Beamer, but Liz and Mekidsmom might appreciate it.

size 2Xl
Handel on back , well I never thought of that, you know I want "THE METALIZER" on there!
"I might be able to get ladies sizes, which I realize is of no use to Beamer" -- Hey does this shirt make me look fat?? lol

A men's X-large is good with me (I LOVE t-shirts for jammies, and in the event I get too drunk and forget to shop, I can give it to JIM!  LOL).  Nothing on the back necessary.  smile 

YAY!  The Metalizer will be there!  I'm pretty personable.  The wife should feel comfy, and I have a feeling Lizzy is a GREAT sport too!  Also let her know that I've met both Jeff and Zurf (Paul too if he shows), and they are perfect gentlemen and great people.  NO other way I'd put myself into the situation of being thousands of miles from home without the hubby with me and a ton of men around.  wink  GOOD GUYS and she'll love them too!!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

"Perfect" gentlemen is a stretch, but we are all men who have been taught our manners, it seems.  My wife said that I may as well have the word "SAFE" tattooed on my forehead.  And no, that is not an invitation to Jim.  If my wife weren't so adverse to tattoos, I'd consider Jim's offer of doing my No B Chord avatar for free.  Oh wait.  That was Selso's offer.  Never mind.  Back to the point, anyone who wishes to remain so will be unmolested by the "perfect" gentlemen of Chordie.  Though I seem to recall Liz having a couple dances with Roscoe...

I really enjoyed the Ruskin jam...would be up for another.

Hey El Jefe...any hotels or resorts close to the water and close by you?  I'm sure my newlywed friends and their kinfolk would like to hear some yammin'.

Would be great to see you again Joe, and absolutely Matt and his bride (and friends) are welcome as well. There are literally hundreds of hotels within 30 miles - I live on the beach in Florida! I'm pretty much in the middle between Clearwater and St. Pete Beach.  I'd recommend the DoubleTree in Reddington Beach - maybe 1.5 miles up the street

http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hotels … ?WT.srch=1

Zurf wrote:

Though I seem to recall Liz having a couple dances with Roscoe...

Liz is excused - Roscoe is irresistible and gets all the ladies dancing - he is the#1  LBP Stud (just ask him).

can ya give me a zip code to search a radius around? I have some Marriot hookups. smile

33708 is my zip. I encourage travelers to book early as Feb is peak travel season here. As far as transportation goes, I'm planning a trip to the airport Friday afternoon for pick up and Monday morning for drop off. I could possibly do additional trips depending on my work schedule. Other than that, there is excellent public transportation in the area - Airport shuttles from Tampa and a local bus that cruises all up and down the beach. I think it's $2 each time you get on, but you can cruise the beaches / bars from Clearwater to St. Pete Beach. Great camping in Ft. De Soto park for those interested.

Also - Allegient Air flies from smaller airports directly to St. Pete / Clearwater Airport for uber cheap fares - may be worth looking into to see if they fly to your area.

45 (edited by beamer 2013-11-06 01:44:19)

mekidsmom wrote:

A men's X-large is good with me (I LOVE t-shirts for jammies, and in the event I get too drunk and forget to shop, I can give it to JIM!  LOL).  Nothing on the back necessary.  smile 

YAY!  The Metalizer will be there!  I'm pretty personable.  The wife should feel comfy, and I have a feeling Lizzy is a GREAT sport too!  Also let her know that I've met both Jeff and Zurf (Paul too if he shows), and they are perfect gentlemen and great people.  NO other way I'd put myself into the situation of being thousands of miles from home without the hubby with me and a ton of men around.  wink  GOOD GUYS and she'll love them too!!

yep Im looking fwd to meeting you finally, would like to meet Jim also but we cant have it all.

46 (edited by beamer 2013-11-07 22:49:27)

OK next friday is bonus day!  That means 2 round trip tickets!!!  Confirmed sleeping at Carries house in her guest room, still trying to get her address so I can figure out how far away.  Notice I said 2 tickets, Wife is all for it now.  She may go wandering off on her own but thats fine too. big_smile  Now really, Do I chance the 12er to the airlines, or bring my road guitar? (the black Kamen) seeing as how you guys are going to chance your Martins.  I also am trying to think of a good set of songs to bring,   Of course my standard 10 or so, but have been thinking of a few new ones,  Hmmm, I think Carla will have to play photo/vidioographer.  Ill have a clean 8 gig chip in our camera and lots of batteries.

So should we post up our standard song list +what we are hoping to learn new and see what all we got?  I know Wayne has 100's and can probably teach us less talented players a few things as we go LOLOL,, ill post up a new thread after I compile some ideas.

IS IT FEB YET?????

Good luck with your bonus.  I just found out that while I earned a large bonus this year based on my performance rating, that the company didn't fully fund the pool, so I only get a piece of what I earned.  What a drag.  I shouldn't complain, as this is the first job I've had that earns a bonus and I really like it!

Well were getting it, but uncle same is taking a $1100 chunck out of it!

Honestly, I'm on the fence as to if I should bring the guitar or not.  I've heard some airlines won't let you gate check... and I think I'd be a mess if I were in morning all weekend over my baby if something happened to it.  Girls never travel light, so it would mean one more bag I can bring along too smile  JOKE!  smile  Seriously though, I think I may just play whatever Jeff's got hanging around.  We can't ALL play at the same time anyhow.  Besides, I sing way better than I play, so it's ok if I have to sit my drunk fingers out for a few!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

If you have a hard shell case, you'd probably be OK.  What I did last year was to look up the policies of the airline regarding fishing flies and guitars.  I abided by the policies as far as packing.  I also printed them out and brought them with me.  That way I could show to any company employee who was making up his or her own policy what their company says is the case.  I also had a list of the company executives with me in the same folder, so that if I had to show the policies for guitar or fishing flies it would be impossible for whoever I was showing the policy to not to notice that I also had a list of corporate executives handy.  I didn't need it, but I intend to do the same this year. 

- Zurf