Topic: scroll feature not working

Anyone know how to fix this? It used to work. ???

Re: scroll feature not working

For me it still does work, I have just tried it.

I take that you click on 'auto-scroll' and nothing happens but does the box change to 'stop' or does it stay as 'auto-scroll'?

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Mine is working.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Most of these chordie problems are fixed by clearing cache, cookies, etc...I've been using CCleaner which is a free computer clean up product. They have a higher end one that you have to pay for but I'm too cheap to buy something that's working fine for free. Seems to do a good job and also cleans up registry errors. Whenever I see errors like my songbook not loading, being unable to get into chordie, or others problems like this scrolling issue I run the CCleaner app and everything seems to work okay afterwards. I have an older (mid 2000s) computer which is why I get these errors, but I bet the newer computers aren't experiencing these type of problems. It would be nice to hear from someone who is accessing chordie from a new system and hear how chordie is working for them.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

jets60 wrote:

Most of these chordie problems are fixed by clearing cache, cookies, etc...I've been using CCleaner which is a free computer clean up product. They have a higher end one that you have to pay for but I'm too cheap to buy something that's working fine for free. Seems to do a good job and also cleans up registry errors. Whenever I see errors like my songbook not loading, being unable to get into chordie, or others problems like this scrolling issue I run the CCleaner app and everything seems to work okay afterwards. I have an older (mid 2000s) computer which is why I get these errors, but I bet the newer computers aren't experiencing these type of problems. It would be nice to hear from someone who is accessing chordie from a new system and hear how chordie is working for them.

I have a old 2004 that I am on now and a gateway I got in 2012 and the scroll is working fine on both of them.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Thanks for the feedback, Dino. I normally don't normally have issues either Dino, but when I have issues cleaning up my system never fails to fix the problem. I guess what I was trying to say was that the problems are more than likely in people's computer and not with chordie.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

KLJ, you sent me a message "The auto scroll changes to stop, but does not scroll." but this is best kept public in case anyone else has the same problem. There have been no other complaints about the auto-scroll so it is almost certainly a problem on your PC and not with Chordie.

Have you tried jet60's suggestion? Clearing out the cookies can solve a myriad for niggles (I have other good reports about CCleaner, so that might be worth a try).

If this fails then you will have to contact Per, the site owner, who understands the working of Chordie better than anyone. You will have to let him know your operating system (Win Vista, 7, 8 etc) your browser (I.E. 8, 9, Firefox etc) and give him exact details of what is happening ('not working' is not a good enough description to fix any problem on anything). You can contact Per at: admin@chordie.com.

Please keep us posted of developments in this thread.

Roger

My auto-scroll is not working. late 2006 MacBook

trimking,mine is working on both my computers,since you have a macbook that might make the difference.Maybe you should try jets solution of cleaning it up with the things he used if they will work on a mac.

My scroll still does not work and I took my computer into a shop and had it professionally cleaned. I says auto scroll and I can change the speed indicator but nothing happens

I just tried it again and it says stop when I try it

auto scroll ... scroll feature is off.... scroll disabled.... is scroll no more as of nov 2013???

What has been the response from Per?

I assume you guys have read the previous posts and taken note of this from my last one:

Roger Guppy wrote:

If this fails then you will have to contact Per, the site owner, who understands the working of Chordie better than anyone. You will have to let him know your operating system (Win Vista, 7, 8 etc) your browser (I.E. 8, 9, Firefox etc) and give him exact details of what is happening ('not working' is not a good enough description to fix any problem on anything). You can contact Per at: admin@chordie.com.

Please keep us posted of developments in this thread.

Roger

I have attempted to contact Per three times and get no response.   My scroll is still not working and I can get no help with it.  I am not sure the first two went but I am sure the third one went , I sent it over a week ago.  Why do I get no response???
  Roger S

I just checked and now my scroll is working.  No idea why,  but at least it is.
  Roger S