Topic: Sad day for my Kamen

Tonight (being Sat morning at 145AM) I went to change my strings on the Kamen (pictured in one of the pics I put up in reply to Tenement Funster in the electric topics)  It had gotten this really bad buzzing sound.  After I removed all the strings, i put my hand in the belly and felt not one but two of the inner face supports loose, well one was partially loose and one was totally hanging there!  I think having it repaired right now is going to be more than getting a new Xavier like my boys (albeit one step up)

this guitar has been all over the place with me, I am going to get an est. on what it will take, the neck has some issues also, but its been that way for years.

Still its sad I was planning on taking this guitar to Fla. I hope it can be fixed rather cheap.  the luthier im taking it to is really good but if its over 100 bucks,, im going to get a new guitar, and ill see if i can do something to make this at least playable and it will be a outside guitar for camp fires and stuff.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: Sad day for my Kamen

That's horrible news! Hopefully your repair guy can re-glue and clamp without major surgery. Re-gluing wood is almost impossible if the original glue can't be completely removed. If the wood pores are sealed with old glue, the new goo has nothing to hang onto. Feel for ya, buddy!

Well dang. That's no good.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Get a new guitar???? 100.00 is cheap if it can be fixed. Especially for all the years of service it gave you.  I spent 60.00 to have my old Yamaha SJ-180 set up. It is probably worth 30.00 in the shape it is in.( cracks, It was worth every penny to have done. Why, because it has been my trusty old friend since 1984. I would never put it out to pasture as long as it can be fixed.  Divide the amount of years you have owned it into the cost to fix it and see how much it cost you for every year. Then see if the price is extreme. I have had some of my equipment for over 30 years. Spending a few dollars to keep them going seems like a small price.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Well J3, I know what you mean, if its still more than I can put out right now, ill just have a go at it my self and then talk momma into letting me get a new one.  once her bug is running I think I can make that happen!

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

sad  I know you really had a sweet spot for that guitar.  Here's hoping it can be fixed, at least so that it can still stick around if not travel.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.