Re: Just bought a new (to me) Martin Custom Jumbo!

Really glad you are getting your money,I hope you can find a good guitar now and ask the sender too insure it,I think we all learned something from this. I will insure anything I send too someone from now on.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

77 (edited by beamer 2013-12-05 22:13:38)

HEY JEFF! DONT KNOW WHAT YOU PUT OUT FOR THAT MARTIN BUT LOOK AT THE "DEAL"  ON AMAZON I FOUND LAST NIGHT! <please note the high sarcasim in that line>
http://www.amazon.com/Taylor-Guitars-81 … lor+guitar

however there are some really nice ones for less also.
http://www.amazon.com/Taylor-Guitars-Ba … lor+guitar

But I know they are not Martins.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

I feel bad for the lady that sold me the guitar, but she is only out a guitar that wasn't being used - I couldn't just sit back and pay $$$$ for a guitar I never saw or touched! The onus is on the shipper to protect themselves. The receiver simply cannot do it - I can't order insurance or require a signature for something shipped by another!

I've got my eye on another - may be a NGD tomorrow. But no details until she is in my arms!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

I can't believe anyone would ship a valuable guitar without insurance.  I simply can't.  I do feel badly for her too.  Stinking thieves.  How many of us have saved for years to get the guitars we want, and here some ne'er-do-well has it free and clear just for walking up a set of stairs.  It riles me up something fierce.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude