Topic: Favorite songs for flange and phase?

TF ( and anyone else)
What is your favorite song for flanger and Phase?
My must have Flanger song of the day, back b4 I knew what it even was or could be was "Rocket Ride" by Ace. and for a more modern application I like Zack Wilds  Crazy Horse. another song where the unit is being mercelessly flogged!   He just has that thing working its butt off! My FL-9 doesnt vary to much once I found that sound LOLOL (and I have discovered its a pretty coveted analog unit, used prices are way more than I got it for, usedlololol)
(there are so many great songs using the flanger im not going to try to name any more LOLOL)
For Phase:
I like the way way Trower uses it in Bridge of sighs and Zep on The rover and THE SEX PISTOLES with Anarchy in the UK. 

There is one effect, and I sware I heard it on a Sabbath into that I can not put my finger on, I always thaought was a phase but its clearly not,  it may be something through a Moog synth set up. Ill come back later and add to the the edit if I find it.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: Favorite songs for flange and phase?

Ain't talking bout love.

3 (edited by Tenement Funster 2013-12-22 12:31:18)

Those are some good choices, Beamer. I'm not familiar with all of them, so that gives me some more music to find on YouTube and check out.

I'll have to go with "Breathe" by Pink Floyd as my favorite phased / flanged song. It's easy to play, and has lots of silky textures. Their songs "Us and Them", "Shine on You Crazy Diamond", and "Time" also use this effect a lot, and are fun to play with copious amounts of reverb. And the final section of Yes's "Starship Trooper" (Wurm) is also cool with a small amount of flanger switched on. And I can't imagine anyone can give Jimi Hendrix's "Purple Haze" or "Hey Joe" a proper treatment without phaser in them.

It's a cool effect that doesn't work for lots of music styles, but when it works it really adds a lot.

Im not sure if this is one.   "Who`s That Lady"  by The Isley Brothers. Absolutely amazing guitar in it.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

I looked at there site they have a lot of different ways too find out about your Yamaha Grah. Yamaha also recycles its serial #'s every 10 years. So it may be worth your while too look into Yamahas web site.

sara

I saw this thread re-surface, and then realized it's been around for a bit. Another song that sounds great with Flanger is Joe Walsh's "Rocky Mountain Way."

'A Forest' by The Cure.  Flange on flange on flange. mmm...

Yep! Seems like they've got everything routed through flangers for this one.