Topic: help verify chord(s) for song

I think I have this one figured out but would like someone with better ears to verify it for me. I am listening to the song on a cassette tape that is many years old and not in the best shape. The song is by "The O'Kanes" and is titled "Oh Darlin' (Why don't you care for me, no more).

Nela

Re: help verify chord(s) for song

The song is mostly in D, but the last line of the verses goes G A D...that's about it. Have a listen and see if that sounds right to you.

That is if this is the correct video for the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR9AG_R6eO0

Here is a link for the lyrics: http://www.metrolyrics.com/oh-darlin-ly … kanes.html

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

That's kinda what I hear - one chord throught the entire song (I hear it as a "G" chord) that finishes with G   C   D. Now I'm listening - and playing along - to a 10+ year old cassette tape that doesn't have a good sound.  For me to listen to the song on youtube, it will take 20 to 30 minutes just to down load it and if I then save it I have to go back thru the same time period just to listen, again. We live so far out in the country we have to use a dial up connection to access the enternet. Wireless connections or cell phones won't work at our home, either. I'll get a buddy of mine to get the song and burn it to a CD for me. Thanks for getting back to me, Jets, although it's funny that I hear the song in "G" and you hear it in "D". My wife is the one who will be singing this song with the "Friday Night Old Farts Group" we get together with as most of the time she sings in the key of "G". Could it be thats the key I wanted to hear?

Nela

Yep - in the key of G the last line is G C D so absolutely adjust as suits your wife's vocal range. I hope it works for you both.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C