Topic: Support Chordie

Seems like there are a lot of us that rely on Chordie... maybe there's more we can do to help keep it alive and running?  Any ideas?  Donations, etc?

Re: Support Chordie

I was thinking exactly the same thing but in teh FAQs it says "The best way of supporting Chordie is to link to us from your web-page." But I don't have a web page so there must be some other way.....

there was a questionaire a while ago that Per had a link to. It asked IF it came to it would you be prepared to pay a subscription and he asked how much as well as a load of other questions.
I have no idea what the result of this was.
But I said £5 a year would seem to be quite fair for songs/lyrics etc.

as far as I know chordie is still going strong with the odd wee upset here and there like beatles songs getting blocked and other artists not getting shown because of the original website they come from do not want chordie to have them.

I cannot see chordie closing down, not with the number of folk that use it and willing to help like yerselves.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Maybe a Paypal link would be a good place to start... I'm certainly willing to toss a couple of bucks in the pot, especially if the "edit" button is brought back to the Songbook lists!  smile

there are about 250,000 members on the listing so if we paid £5 each that would bring in £1.25 million..........

I'd certainly throw something his way.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

bowtalk wrote:

there are about 250,000 members on the listing so if we paid £5 each that would bring in £1.25 million..........

you would not get everyone willing to pay.
Also I think out of the 250,000 folk not everyone still uses choride, lots just register to spam, they get banned but the name still remains and I thin kthey remain on the list.
So lets say out of the 250,00 175,000 use chordie for what it was made for, and say only 100,00 are willing to pay a small fee of £5. that is still half a million pound sterling, about just under a million dollas. I dont think the music and record companies could object to that too much.

I wonder how much the music industry would want. Would it be a set fee or a percentage of how many users are on?

I've got a donation for the music industry too... it's brown, smells bad, and can be provided on a daily basis if necessary.

I would be more than happy to donate $20 dollars a month US as my share to keep this place running and get access to more music tabs/chords and lyrics.

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

lol
20 a month? see if everyone paid that I would be begging to be a moderator again and give up my day job ( as long as Per paid a good wage lol )

Ken

You'd be swimming in Talisker!  <grin>

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

Okay, I have to ask the dumb question here, Is there a way for me to donate to chordie?

Music is the feeling of the soul.

musicalspirit wrote:

Okay, I have to ask the dumb question here, Is there a way for me to donate to chordie?

Ask one of the moderators or the admin.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Thanks Dino!

Music is the feeling of the soul.