Topic: Strung out i.e. Illegible tabs

This appears to be the correct forum to post this in...

I keep experiencing tabs, especially further down in a page, that are strung out to the point that none of the lines, line up. Not sure if it could be my Chrome browser or if there are some technical settings I could adjust to correct this. Been using Chordie for years and have just recently begun to experience this in almost every tab, very few seem to be left in tact and are legible throughout.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else was experiencing this phenomenon, and if so, is it correctable?

Thanks, Tim

~'99 Fender American Deluxe Strat ~ '07 Epiphone SG Special ~ '06 Alvarez RD20S12 12string~ '04 Taylor 110 ~ '10 Manuel Rodriguez C1 Classical ~ '89 Fender Precision Bass ~ '13 Rogue RM100A Mando ~ '07 Laney Lionheart L20H Heritage ~ '04 Marshall MG250DFX ~ '98 Peavey Classic30 ~

Re: Strung out i.e. Illegible tabs

Hi ya Tim, I have seen this as well, but if you look to right side of the page and click on "print" every thing with be lined up. Works for me, hope it works for you.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

thanks for the reply blue, but i have to say, I have no print button on the right side of the tab page. I normally right-click to print. At the bottom right there are buttons to Correct, Add Video, and Add Comment. Above that i have the option to Add To Songbook.
Looks something like this:
variations - click chord images
Transpose chords:

Tuning:

Songbook: ADD
-> My songbook(10)   
change book

please improve this song       correct song - add video - add comment

nothing at the top either, just the Welcome message telling me I'm logged in and can add to songbook and post in forums. Maybe I'll try logging out and see what it looks like, or do I have to add a song to songbook to see print options...???

~'99 Fender American Deluxe Strat ~ '07 Epiphone SG Special ~ '06 Alvarez RD20S12 12string~ '04 Taylor 110 ~ '10 Manuel Rodriguez C1 Classical ~ '89 Fender Precision Bass ~ '13 Rogue RM100A Mando ~ '07 Laney Lionheart L20H Heritage ~ '04 Marshall MG250DFX ~ '98 Peavey Classic30 ~

tbryant1115
You probably need to change your screen resolution press Ctrl and the minus keys to bring back the print etc options on the right of the song.
ark

5 (edited by tbryant1115 2014-01-14 13:07:53)

Thanks arkady, but yes I have tried this, and as bluejeep pointed out, this may simply be a print issue more related to my Chrome browser than the actual workings of this site.
Here are some examples of what I am or am not seeing:
Doors : Roadhouse Blues : #2 Tabs
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb384/timmay1115/Chordie/Misalignment_zps4649e0d9.jpg

Here's what I see at the bottom of my page (zoomed out to about 50%)
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb384/timmay1115/Chordie/MisBottom_zpsf4337643.jpg

Here's a full size look at the bottom of my page (easy now, everybody's got one)
Others are seeing the PRINT button grouped with the TRANSPOSE CHORDS and TUNING buttons:
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb384/timmay1115/Chordie/MisBottom2_zps6755259b.jpg

Tim,

I have sent Per the links to the pictures you have posted in this and the other thread which will give him a better idea of what is happening. I have never seen the layout that you are seeing but I am sure that others are using Chrome without problems, so I am interested to find out the answer to your difficulty.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

HI Tim,

For some reason you appear to have the iPad version on your PC.

I am guessing that you have Chordie saved in 'Favourites' and access through there. Try going into Google, search for 'chordie', and see if opening Chordie this way makes any difference.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Interesting... given my aversion to anything iRelated this would be appropriately ironic!!! Now that you mention it, Google Chrome has, in every new tab, a bank of "favorites" that you can choose from sites you visit most often... this began malfunctioning a few months back and now displays sites I've visited once and fails to display sites I visit daily, like my email or weather.com.
I tried using google search to access Chordie with the same results. I would add that I have about 8.5cm from the right edge of this forum page to the right edge of my screen with resolution at 100%. And on the main or Home page this distance is 17.75cm from the right edge of the JamPlay ad to the right edge of my screen (see below). Not sure if this is indicative of the iPad version appearing on PC or not. I'll continue to look into it on my end and see what I can't find out.

Not computer savy enough to know how I might be accessing the iPad area of your servers rather than the PC version of your servers but I'm guessing that they have differing URL's? If I knew the full URL for the PC side of your servers I could try that...

I could wax poetic for hours on my hatred for all things i related... as well as the holier than thou, pompous idiots that consider the rest of us novice hobbyists and not a truly devoted artiste because we don't i anything... I had iTunes for about 15 minutes, devoted twenty bucks to it, downloaded exactly 5 songs, then received an e-mail that my account had been hacked and the remainder of my money had been used to by iGift cards in Thailand.

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb384/timmay1115/Chordie/MisButHome_zpsd128c372.jpg

Just an update: opened my Samsung Chromebook last night to check for any additional posts to this forum and noticed that the site works as it should with my Chromebook... Also tried clearing all my cookies and cache in my PC to no avail... still stuck looking at the iPad version via my PC, which is a shame 'cause this is where I normally print from... Google cloud print doesn't always work from my Chromebook and my printer is like, right there, like right over there 4 feet from me... oh well... I'll keep digging, any advise is greatly appreciated !!!

I did hear something about chrome having an issue recently.  Have you tried viewing the site with firefox or (gasp) IE?  I'm thinking it's chrome on your PC itself with the issue.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.