Topic: Chordpro syntax for chords

Hi folks

I've got hundreds of charts in various formats, and I'm thinking about standardizing and settling on a format

I'm familiar with the chordpro format, and like many aspects about it, but I don't use it a lot. However, there are a couple of limitations that would deal-breakers if they aren't supported.

Can someone tell me if these two things are supported, and if so, what is the syntax?

1) How to indicate multiple chords per  bar, especially when there are no lyrics?

For example, I'm talking about the G/b at the end of the 2nd line (from "Desperado"):

Am                      Em                   
Don't you draw the queen of diamonds boy,
         F                      C   -  G/b
She'll beat you if she's able
                    Am
You know the queen of hearts ...

Technically, writing "C     G/b  " would be incorrect because - to me - this indicates one chord per bar, so this would be 2 bars, when it, in fact, is one bar.

I've experimented with "pipe" symbols ( vertical bar; [ | ] ) to keep multiple chords in one bar, but to no avail

2) How do you indicate single notes? When I chart a song woth a word processor, I use lower case letters to indicate single notes. However, in chordpro, they don't transpose. For example:

C                         F                 F - e - d - C
...speaking words of wisdom let it be

I can tag the lowercase notes in chorpro format, but because they're not uppercase, they get ignored when the song gets transposed, which obviously is unacceptable

Are there solutions to these 2 problems?

Thanks in advance

Re: Chordpro syntax for chords

welcome here,chordie is a search engine and they get the songs from other sources,I think that should answer your question as too how too fix them I do not know.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Is it possible to change a chord name, such as going from Abm and changing its name to G#m on the chord diagrams ???

I also had another thing to make you aware of.  I went looking for the chord F#m7 on the chord charts.  It was not there.  I did find the chord in a song, clicked on the chords to the song, then clicked on the F#m7 chord and saw a few variations of it.  But it is not on the main chord chart under "F"or "F#".   You might want to add that to the main chord chart.